Job Code: AHF-HIRE-270
About the Alsham Humanitarian Foundation (AHF):
AHF is a non-profit organization that provides projects and humanitarian services to the Syrian community, capable of spreading and reaching those who deserve it, with credibility, efficiency and effective partnership.
Academic qualifications and required experience:
- At least two years of experience in compliance work and five years in the field of humanitarian work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or any related field.
- Desire to learn and work in a challenging environment.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
- Oral and written communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Has analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the Grants and Compliance team in identifying, documenting, evaluating, and mitigating compliance risks associated with Al-Sham Humanitarian Society’s operations.
- Assist the Grants and Compliance team in maintaining an updated award matrix for each project to use as a reference tool when regularly reviewing the application for each grant.
- Assist the grants team in developing a grant submission package including drafting budgets and other grant tools.
- Support and work alongside the grants team in conducting new project kick-off meetings, periodic award review meetings and closing meetings.
- Review monthly budget vs actual to compare financial statements to program results to ensure consistency between financial and non-financial statements and report any issues to relevant departments for remedial action.
- Updating the grant tracker for all new proposals and modifications, and in archiving all grant-related documents (grant agreements, project proposals, budgets, modifications, payment requests, payment receipts, financial reports, etc.).
- Analyze data and provide review information.
- Educate employees of all necessary compliance requirements.
- Maintain financial audit policies and procedures.
- Collect all comments from donors on a monthly basis and share them with the concerned departments as a reference to avoid repetition in the next reporting period.
- Review the timeliness and accuracy of compliance with donor reports to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Develop a compliance plan for each grant to ensure compliance with the Sham Society’s internal procedures and donor rules and regulations, and issue periodic compliance reports and share them with relevant departments.
- Coordinate audit and follow-up meetings with departments internally to process findings and send reports to the audit firm.
- Provide support in other work related to the department when needed.
Nature of work: 40 hours per week
Priority is given to the organization’s employees, those who have previously worked in the organization, or people with special needs whose injury does not prevent him from performing the full responsibilities and tasks of the job, or those with senior experience.
How to apply
Candidates wishing to apply for the announced vacancy may send their CVs to the following link: