Philip Morris International
Be a part of a revolutionary change!
At Rothmans Benson & Hedges (RBH), subsidiary of Philip Morris International, we’re transforming our business and building our future with one clear purpose – to deliver a smoke-free future. We’re disrupting our company from the inside out. Our transformation is redefining every area of our business. From where and how we make and sell our products—to how we engage with our legal age consumers and society.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Corporate Communications is a growing team, full of fresh opportunities. Our smoke-free transformation is completely changing the way we engage. We have stakeholders to talk to and brave new messages to share. We need talented people who are also excited by our sense of purpose to help share our vision – with the media, legislators, health professionals, national governments and public policymakers.
As our work evolves, there’s space to define your role and satisfy your professional curiosity. You’ll be working across functions surrounded and supported by experts in everything from fiscal affairs and illicit trade to sustainability and public health legislation. Join us and use your relationship-building skills for good: to help deliver a smoke-free future.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
The Head of Communications is responsible for leading the communications function within External Affairs in Canada, which includes responsibility for digital communications, media relations, issues management and social media. Communications works to create an external environment that acts to inform Canadians about RBH’s transformation and creates openings for productive dialogue to motivate change towards a smoke-free future.
The Head of Communications works with the Head of External Affairs and with Global Communications (GC) to contribute to the development of the overall Communications and External Affairs team strategy and priorities.
Based on this strategy, the Manager is to build an annual action plan to enable and support delivery of the team and RBH corporate business objectives.
- Development and execution of strategic plans for corporate communications, working to best position the business and its mission with external stakeholders and media.
- Strategic counsel, guidance and executional support on external communications activities and proposes new strategies and initiatives.
- Management of external agencies, ensuring that they are providing a high level of support for business objectives and advancing the corporate narrative.
- Management of RBH’s relationships with the news community, safeguarding the company’s corporate reputation, mitigating risk and promoting its interests in a daily, deadline-driven environment.
- Identify, raise, mitigate, and monitor potential risks and opportunities related to the company’s corporate and political reputation that could arise from any corporate or commercial activity in the public sphere. As such, the ability to develop and manage interdepartmental relationships of competing interests is essential.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate degree in a related area such as journalism, communications, or political science.
- Minimum 10 years working in media or public relations; newsroom experience highly desired; corporate issues management, particularly in a controversial, highly regulated industry or company preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of leadership experience managing both people and budgets and interacting with/directing senior officials.
- Demonstrated results in leading ongoing media relations campaigns, including proven ability to secure media coverage broadly in mainstream Canadian press and improve reach, share of voice and sentiment over time.
- Established media contacts in Canadian press and ability to expand network is critical, including extensive experience and practical knowledge of traditional and emerging digital Canadian media.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
Our success depends on our talented employees who come to work here every single day with a sense purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to deliver a smoke-free future.
Join us and pursue your ambitions – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress. If our culture and mindset resonate with you, we look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you.
Together, let’s deliver a smoke free future.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.