BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
Supports area clinical team and serves as a proactive resource for members related to disease prevention and benefit education.
BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate .
- Conducting educational telephone calls advising members of available benefits, services and programs; completes health needs assessment, and refers members to population health management programs as appropriate.
- Reaching out to members with identified gaps in care; encouraging and motivating them to become compliant; offering assistance in locating providers and appointment scheduling.
- Managing system work queues; screening identified members for eligibility, prior case activities, recent claims, customer service inquiries and authorization history; assigning members to clinical team for call outreach and intervention.
- Facilitating research and analysis of inquiries and/or complaints related to processes and designations, member lost incentives, and other program related inquiries.
- Work overtime as needed
- Various immunizations and/or associated medical tests may be required for this position.
- Testing/Assessments will be required for Digital positions.
- Associates Degree in, education, communication, or health related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years – Experience in a customer service support role is required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles and accountability.
- Proficient interpersonal and organizational skills
- Independent, Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in an independent and creative manner.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge in Medical terminology
Job Specific Requirements:
CNAs, CMAs, and/or LPNs are highly preferred.
Medical terminology is strongly desired.
Number of Openings Available:
VSHP Volunteer State Health Plan, Inc
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statements:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST’s EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST’s EEO Policies/Notices (https://www.bcbst.com/docs/equal-employment-opportunity.pdf)
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
All applicants will be advised that BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee’s largest health benefit plan company, we’ve been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we’re your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.