World Resources Institute (WRI)
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
NRC is looking for an experienced full-time HLP Advisor to provide dedicated and quality leadership to the HLP Area of Responsibility (AoR) coordination in Somalia. Leadership in this context embodies facilitating all the processes necessary to raise the profile and functioning of the HLP to an acceptable strategic level, including ensuring coherent, coordinated, effective response, and programmatically appropriate response by members of the AoR working group. The HLP advisor will consolidate collaboration with the relevant humanitarian, government, and community stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient management and functioning of the HLP AoR coordination at national and sub-national levels.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead the HLP AoR at national level
- Lead HLP AoR strategy development and planning processes
- Support and facilitate HLP analyses and assessments.
- Provide inputs for humanitarian needs overview (HNO) and humanitarian response plan (HRP).
- Responsible for HLP AoR information management including 5W Matrix and SRF data collection, review, and submission among others.
- Lead HLP monitoring and reporting at all levels.
- Coordination of HLP service delivery across partners and key stakeholders
- Strengthen HLP networks among humanitarian, government and civil society actors and ensure capacity building of HLP sub-national coordinators and partners.
- Lead HLP specific fundraising and resource mobilisation in Somalia.
- Support the implementation of the HLP AoR 2023-2025 workplan
- Provide technical support to country level HLP sub-clusters, working groups and other coordination mechanisms, as well as respond to field requests
- Provide technical support to other clusters/sectors, in particular Shelter, Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Food Security, and Early Recovery in better understanding and integrating HLP considerations into their work
- Draft HLP AoR advocacy strategies, position statements and papers on global issues as required, including but not limited to, the need to strengthen the overall HLP response capacity
1. Professional competencies
- An advanced university degree in law, International Relations, the social sciences, or other relevant field from an accredited university.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a fundamental requirement.
- At least five (5) years of progressive professional humanitarian work experience with UN agencies and/or international NGOs with proven expertise in coordination and programme management during all phases of displacement. Continuous professional experience in humanitarian coordination is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in HLP programming are required. In addition, knowledge and prior experience with NRC ICLA programming is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of core HLP concepts and the legal environment in which they exist, and experience with HLP training modules and toolkits. Facilitation experience with these tools is an important asset.
- Experience with developing advocacy plans, formulating messages and leading advocacy initiatives. An experience advocating for the promotion and protection of HLP rights in a humanitarian context is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development, as well as planning and undertaking needs assessments and analyses.
For more information see the detailed Job Description.
For Additional Information See The Detailed Job Description.
Supervision of: Sub-national HLP AoR Coordinator(s)
Duty station: Mogadishu
Travel: Up to 40%
Project number: SOFP0000
Duration and type of contract: 12 months (with possibility for extension)
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Please note to attach your academic and professional certificates in your application.
For any queries, please email us at [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.
To contact the recruitment team; quote the full name of the advert on your subject line. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile.”
The role is open to all nationals.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu.net) you saw this internship posting.