NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
The purpose of a HR and Admin Coordinator is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The HR and Admin Coordinator will ensure implementation of NRC policy, procedures and tools in NRC Afghanistan with focus and main responsibility on Human resources and administrative functions. Advice and guide managers on HR issues related to the Global HR Handbook, procedures and Afghanistan ToE. The HR and Admin Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting the Sar-e-Pul, Kunduz and Maimana HR and Admin department with general HR and Admin duties to ensure the team satisfactorily completes all its tasks.
Caution: This role is national, only internal candidates from Afghanistan can be considered.
- Implement NRC’s HR and Admin systems and procedures at Area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC HR policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis on HR.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures.
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Ensure accuracy of staff salaries.
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately.
Specific responsibilities :
- Conduct transparent, fair and open recruitments at North level for all grades according to NRC procedures.
- To ensure the widest circulation of NRC advertisement among other NGOs and organizations to find potential candidates.
- To ensure the CVs are received and put in a folder properly and handed over to the relevant section head for short listing and further process.
- Preparing and ensure accurate job descriptions are in place for all staff.
- To act as an administrator on the written tests of applicants and to participate in the interviews
- Conduct reference checks for job candidates.
- Proper record keeping of recruitment files.
- Interpreting, assisting and advising employees and managers regarding HR polices e.g. leave management and benefit administration.
- Focal point person for the grievance, complaints and code of conduct handling.
- Maintain trackers and records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, attendance and absenteeism rates for North.
- Responsible for the confidential filling and archiving of all personnel files. Periodically checks files to ensure all missing documents are provided, securely keep in both hard and soft copy in line with NRC filling key. Takes keen interest in securing proof of life forms from all staff for secure storage as per NRC guidelines.
- Transparently manage the HRMIS/NRC People HR Database. Input employee details, allocate resource numbers and continuously update to ensure the staff establishment is accurate for payroll and reporting purposes for North region and report it to AM and CO HR on regular basis.
- The preparation of relevant HR documentation e.g. contracts, end of probation/confirmation letters, monthly reports, certificates, letters, and prepare new staff packs.
- Ensuring the exit/employee separation checklist is fully completed in accordance with NRC SOPs. Notices are timely served, NRC and employee obligations fulfilled, exit interviews documented, clearance and handover documented and final payments done.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Carries out Admin-related operational/control tasks including correspondence to Government and other agencies as required.
- Proper management of NRC guest houses in the field and accommodation arrangements for staff.
- Finalizing lunch menu and monthly price for lunch in consultation with all staff and ensure that all staff have paid their monthly payments.
- Prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports to provincial Directorate of line Ministries as required.
- Ensure timely provision of office space, desk and accommodation for incoming staff.
- Take charge of assets such as office furniture, fitting, building and equipment.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a HR/Admin Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the local languages Dari, Pashto
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organization Development, Organization psychology or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions in INGO.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, or employee relations is an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Afghanistan
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with staff in course of work.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.