Position Title. Hunters and Trappers Committee (HTC) Liaison & Contracts Coordinator
Reports to. Office Manager
Direct Reports. None
Date. Nov 2022 (Permanent Position)
The Hunters and Trappers Committee (HTC) Administrator is responsible for providing guidance and expertise to the HTCs to help them meet their mandates related to the regulation, research, enforcement and administration of wildlife, habitat and harvesting in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR) of the NWT.
Located in Inuvik, NWT, the HTC Administrator provides advice, guidance and support to the HTCs within the
ISR on appropriate financial accounting and processes, human resource administration, funding submission and reporting, and proper Committee governance.
Through collaboration with internal and external colleagues, the HTC Administrator is responsible for the following.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with HTC Resource staff and Directors.
- Initiates regular communication with HTC Resource staff, both verbal and email.
- Acts as a liaison between IGC, the Joint Secretariat, IFA Committees, and the HTCs.
- Provides guidance on any immediate emergency action required.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to reduce risks and improve efficiencies.
- Work with HTCs to ensure they are compliant with Canada Revenue Agency, NWT Workers Safety and
Compensation Commission and other regulatory bodies.
- Identifies and communicates recommendations on how to implement agreed-to opportunities.
- Provides guidance throughout the implementation of any agreed-to recommendations.
- Identify areas of need for capacity building.
- Develop, deliver and/or assist in the facilitation of appropriate training programs for HTC staff based on needs.
- Travel to ISR Communities periodically to meet with HTC.
HTC Liaison & Contracts Coordinator Job Description – Nov 2022 1
- Contact and work with Finance Team, Resource Coordinators, Management Team to ensure that HTC contracts are reviewed, signed and implemented properly.
- Coordinate with HTCs to ensure that contract reports are being submitted on time and properly.
- Work with Management Team, Finance staff, Resource Coordinators to monitor HTC contractual commitments.
- Maintain HTC contracts records management system to track HTC contract activities.
- Understands Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and helps HTCs administer their finances accordingly.
- Assists HTCs with accounting and reporting for program funding.
- Assists HTCs with the establishment of, and adherence to, year end and interim reporting procedures.
- Regularly reviews HTC’s quarterly financial records and annual audits.
Human Resource Management
- Assists HTCs with payroll functions, including payroll processing, remittances and associated reporting including T4 issuance and Workers Safety and Compensation Commission requirements.
- Works with HTCs to ensure minute books are kept up to date.
- Provide advice and guidance on the running of HTC Elections.
- Regularly reviews HTC’s by-laws, operating procedures, financial management administrative systems and any recent changes.
- Assist HTCs with the development of funding proposals for various programs, as needed.
In order for an individual to be successful in the role HTC Support Person, they need to demonstrate the following.
- Ability to Influence & develop relationships – the ability to quickly build relationships, offer assistance and help problem solve in a pleasant manner, with the recognition that the role is intended to support and build capacity as there is no formal authority.
- Communication – the ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with both technical and non-technical partners to move issues forward.
- Flexibility – the ability to “roll with the punches” and shift between urgent and non-urgent tasks, prioritizing actions on a daily basis
- Problem Solver – the ability to find creative solutions to issues as they come up, working within the community and organizational constraints
- Digital Literacy – the ability to utilize various computer platforms and systems to accomplish tasks, with strong enough understanding to teach others
- Organization – the ability to work with multiple files at the same time, keep tasks and actions on track and ensure that accountabilities are maintained.
HTC Liaison & Contracts Coordinator Job Description – Nov 2022 2
To be successful in the role of HTC Liaison & Contracts Coordinator, the following education and/or experience criteria is required.
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting, Financial or Business Management is preferred but not required. Combination of directly related experience with education will be screened.
- At least 5 years’ experience with bookkeeping, preferably using QuickBooks.
- Previous work experience related to business administration and committee/board administration is considered an asset.
- Preference is given to those with knowledge of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
- Proven ability to work independently and without close supervision in a co-operative environment.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement. T h e Successful applicant will be expected to follow the Joint Secretariat policies and procedures.
HTC Liaison & Contracts Coordinator Job Description – Nov 2022 3
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$43.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Housing allowance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Inuvik, NT: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (required)
- QuickBooks: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-03
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.