United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Objectives of the Programme and of the immediate unit or field activity (Overview of the programme):
The Information and Technologies Management Unit (ITM) provides information and technologies management services to WHO programmes, including the Inter Country Support Team Offices (IST), and 47 WHO country offices in the African region.
The Unit is also responsible for the formulation, implementation, and coordination of ICT strategies and policies in the region.
Purpose of the Position:
The Country Office User Support Assistant provides specialised and non-specialised support to users regarding computer related problems (software and hardware) at the Country office.
Context – Under the supervision of the Country Office Operations Officer, within the scope defined by regional and approved country ITM strategies, policy guidelines and objectives, the incumbent is responsible for executing the overall IT support functions to internal customers in the assigned cluster, to support the work and achievement of the country offices’ programme goals.
Contacts – Duties require acting as focal point in all troubleshooting support services for designated clients involving extensive contact at all levels of the respective offices, within the Cluster, and with stakeholders, and suppliers, as authorized.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
The Country Office User Support Assistant is assigned the following major duties or any other related responsibilities, as may be required, by his/her hierarchical supervisors commensurate with the area of responsibility:
· Support users in all application, software and hardware related issues;
· Respond, in a timely basis, to users’ requests and update the FAQ and QA database accordingly;
· Record and manage requests using the official Ticket System software
· Ensure the troubleshooting of computers, printers and other devices;
· Install, configure and maintain standard desktop configurations;
· Install and support printers, scanners and other similar devices;
· Generate and maintain standard desktop configuration images for each model of desktop/laptop;
· Ensure software and applications’ troubleshooting;
· Install necessary specific drivers and applications on computers;
· Contribute to the delivery of end-users’ trainings in office applications, such as Microsoft office suite and other tools;
· Provide IT support during meetings held in the office;
· Install and configure mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) as necessary;
· Support the identification of staff ITM capacity and skills gaps, propose and implement agreed skill enhancement and training measures.
· Maintain the IT assets, inventory and provides quarterly reports (hardware, software and licenses).
· Performs other duties as required.
WHO Competencies: Generic
1. Producing results
4. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and collaborative tools (Sharepoint, WebEx, etc.)
· Good aptitude in the analysis and the resolution of the problems by using the tools and the resources available;
· Good aptitude to write technical documentation;
· Ability to support, and maintain applications, apply IT knowledge to practical situations
And support internal customers with IT assistance
Completion of secondary school education and technical training in electronics/telecommunications, computer sciences or any other related field.
Microsoft trainings/certifications will be an asset.
A minimum of eight years’ experience in IT customer services and in an IT service-desk environment.
Experience with UN Agencies would be an added advantage.
Use of Language Skills:
Essential: Excellent knowledge of Portuguese
Desirable: Working Knowledge of English or French
Other Skills (e.g. I):
Work requires good knowledge of TCP/IP networks, Windows 10, Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD; Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online, MS Office 365 product suite) including Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint online; Good knowledge in Web technologies ; Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR); Good knowledge of Client Data backup application (Microsoft OneDrive, Windows Backup, Active Backup for Business); Good knowledge of IP Telephony including IP Phones, Softphones and SIP devices; some knowledge of telecommunication systems including POTS, ISDN, VSAT and FDDI.
Computer Proficiency in all major programmes and computer software applications.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.