United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and it was enacted immediately. Since then, the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
How can you make a difference?
To make a difference, the ICT Officer (data analysis) will perform the following key functionsaccountabilities:
- Complement and update all documentation: Meet software development best practices quality standards.
- Complement and enhance data warehouse, code and technical documentation to meet quality standards.
- Handle Data requirements: Meet the project and perform data analytics.
- Handle different payment lists data in terms of (preparation, review, system enabling)
- Maintain the existing data warehouse and BI systems;
- Build reliable, user-friendly data visualization, dashboards and reports to monitor key metrics and proactively provide insights and/or solutions based on observed trends;
- Collaborate with other team members to frame business questions, determine analytic approaches, and turn data into insight and insight into actionable decisions;
- Work with the MIS team to ensure data accessibility, coverage, and quality;
- Provide expertise in data analysis to PMU team members;
- Provide ad hoc data analysis for internal and external users.
- Any other related tasks.
- Perform any related tasks requested by the direct supervisor or senior management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have the below requirement:
- University degree (Bachelor or higher) in computer science, software engineering, information technology related areas. Professional BI or software development certification is an asset
- Minimum one year of relevant professional experience in Data Management with experience in CentOS Linux, Postgres, and Business Intelligence tools, preferably Kibana in large national or international entities.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently in a multi-cultural and gender-sensitive environment.
Other skills and experience considered as assets in including candidates for this positions are:
- Exposure to data engineering.
- Exposure to python scripting for data analysis.
- Proficiency in SQL scripting.
- Good experience in descriptive analysis reporting design and creation.
- Good experience in Power BI.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Apprenti(e) Ingénieur(e) Business Analyst – IFP School H/FTechnip EnergiesFranceFrance
Project Controls Manager Interconnexion – F/HRTECourbevoie, Hauts-de-SeineCourbevoie, Hauts-de-Seine
Researchers /Junior ResearchersQuincy Institute for Responsible StatecraftWashington, D.C.Washington, D.C.
A GRANT MANAGERAction Contre la Faim FranceRomaniaRomania