United Nations Children's Fund
The Innovation Specialist (Knowledge Management), under the general guidance and direction of the Innovation Manager (Evidence, Knowledge and Performance Management), leads the knowledge management function of UNICEF’s OOI.
Under the general guidance and direction of the Innovation Manager (Evidence, Knowledge, and Performance Management) and in close collaboration with relevant Senior Advisers and Innovation Managers across OOI, the post is responsible for:
- Lead the development of OOI’s knowledge management strategy, its implementation and undertaking its execution
- Leading knowledge management need-finding through a) designing and implementing regular, efficient, structured, and user-centered engagement with UNICEF staff particularly in the field; b) source, aggregate and analyze opportunities, needs, and inputs from Innovation Hubs, Portfolio Managers and the Ventures team in OOI; c) undertake needs mapping/snapshots and d) identify areas for learning and knowledge management intervention by undertaking sense-making of the expressed and unexpressed needs from these and other relevant sources of evidence
- Oversee OOI knowledge management platforms ensuring updates are made to internal channels including Agora for training, ICON for internal communications, Viva Engage where relevant, and dedicated Sharepoint sites, UNICORN platform for harvesting innovative ideas, and making use of and engaging with external channels through communications team within OOI and UNICEF HQ
- Leverage frontier technology such as AI to bring efficiency and innovation to knowledge management; explore, test, and pilot new knowledge management systems
- Ensure OOI is up to date with knowledge management industry trends and technology and is an early adopter of new methods, approaches and technology to improve knowledge management within OOI
- Develop pathways and networks for effective knowledge management information sharing between OOI HQ, Regional and Country Offices
- Coordinate with the OOI Communication Team on their activities to raise awareness, promote and gather support for knowledge management opportunities and resources
- Engage actively and network in the global ecosystem of innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship, and related areas to horizon scan, source learning and knowledge management resources, and exercise thought leadership to position and diffuse UNICEF’s innovation learning work publicly; and identify and enable opportunities for UNICEF-designed and developed materials to be shared as global public goods where relevant
- Manage a small team of professionals and consultants, when required, to ensure knowledge management content is developed and platforms widely used, particularly with reference to coordination across HQ, Regional and Country offices
- Represent OOI in coordination with, Data & Planning teams, (e.g. DAPM), Human Resources and Programme Group where relevant to Knowledge Management
- Plan and undertake mission travel to critical country offices where demand for support is made by senior country management
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Data Science, Computer Science or Technology related subject, Business Administration, Design, Geography and information management (GIS), Statistics, or another relevant field.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in knowledge management, information management, reporting, monitoring, evaluation, and learning, evidence generation is required.
- Proven track records in using technology for knowledge management systems and practices
- Familiarity with Sharepoint and knowledge management practices
- Proficiency in data collection, data management and data flow tools (e.g. ODK, MS PowerAutomate, SQL)
- Proficiency in one or more data analysis and visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, R, Python and/or ArcGIS)
- Enthusiasm for emerging methods of knowledge management (e.g. OpenAI)
- Proven analytical, writing, information synthesis and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, in particular PowerPoint
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or large global organization.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
National Consultancy: Two Zonal Nutrition Field Monitors (Open to Malawian Nationals Only)United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)Lilongwe, MalawiLilongwe, Malawi
Immunization Officer, NO-B, Temporary Appointment, New Delhi, India, South Asia Region (SAR), Post Number 118929United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)New Delhi, IndiaNew Delhi, India
Contrôleur Financier – GB/DE Full remote- H/F- CDI – Région Rhône-AlpesAditoAuvergne-Rhône-AlpesAuvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Local Consultant to develop English TranslationsUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere