Pro Aviation Safety Training
We are seeking an instructor to assist teaching our Underwater Egress Course. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to increase safety in the aviation industry and looking for a unique opportunity. Courses are typically run during the week with the odd out of town road trip. We run approximately 50 courses per year, and they are scheduled to accommodate the instructor and assistant’s schedules.
The ideal candidate will be able to express their experience and interest in some or all the following areas:
- Familiarity with the aviation industry, either as a pilot or frequent hours in the back seat.
- Working knowledge of fixed wing and rotary aircraft, ability to discuss pilot error and ditching scenarios, as well as understanding of Transport Canada regulations are an asset.
- Safety mindset with some experience in a role where you were responsible for the well being of others. Bringing personal experiences to this role is essential.
- Survival experience is an asset.
- Some experience with scuba diving is an asset.
- Lifeguarding, or other water safety experience an asset.
- First aid, first responder, or other life saving experience is an asset.
- Ability to instruct and convey the seriousness of the course content in a friendly, professional, and inviting manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong spoken English
- Good people skills
- Professional attitude
- Physically cable of lifting and moving.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
What you will do:
- Lead a 3-hour classroom session around the importance of preparedness in the case of a water ditching. Touch on topics such as preparation during the ditch, steps to egress, and cold-water survival.
- 30 min lunch breaker, then 30 min instructor and assistant set up pool session equipment.
- Lead a 3-hour pool session where participants are put into a “dunker” to simulate water ditching. Students are turned upside down in the water and practice egressing with increasing levels of difficulty.
- Course content is provided including complete PowerPoint presentation, crash reports, and relevant research for instructors to become familiar with.
- Training will start with observation, shadowing then team instructing before the candidate will lead their own class. There is always at least one assistant along on the course to help with equipment set up and pool sessions. Wet pool sessions are run in a public pool with lifeguard supervision.
- This position is ideal for retired ex-military, ex-first responders, SAR personnel. The ideal candidate will be safety oriented and willing to learn new things. If this sounds like you, please reach out!
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $25,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: On the road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.