Instructor, Aircraft Structures
Academic – School of Manufacturing, Automation & Transportation /
SAFA Temporary Salary
Apply for this job
SAIT’s School of Manufacturing, Automation & Transportation provides the skills-based training and development to prepare students for a career in Alberta’s rapidly growing oil and gas, transportation, manufacturing and automation sectors. We provide applied learning in action through our trades and technology programs.
Reporting to the Academic Chair of the Aviation Programs, we are currently recruiting an Aircraft Structures Instructor. This role centers around sharing your knowledge to equip the next generation and provide exceptional service to students and clients. If you are a positive and highly motivated Aircraft Structures Technician with a Transport Canada AME S license, this opportunity is for you.
- Instruct high level technology courses to mature learners
- Participate in curriculum and program reviews
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create an engaging and positive work and learning environment
- Perform related duties as assigned to meet the emerging needs of SAIT and its students
Qualifications & Experience
- Transport Canada AME, S license
- Minimum Post-Secondary Education: One-year Aircraft Structures Technician certificate
- Communication skills; including written, spoken and presentation skills
- An innovative mindset and the desire to make long term lasting improvements
- Ability to take a firm stand on important issues yet is empathetic to the needs of learners and the work team
- Previous teaching experience is an asset, but not required
- Intermediate computer experience with a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications and industry related software
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member.
- A customer service focus and strong relationship building skills
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR – S4001
Salary range: $85,388 – $94,226
Contract end date: December 31, 2024
Posting closing date: February 5, 2024
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.