University of Tennessee
Internal Communications Coordinator – 23000002HB
Internal Communications Coordinator
Communications and Marketing
The Office of Communications and Marketing at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, seeks applications and nominations for the position of internal communications coordinator. The internal communications coordinator is a member of the News and Information team and serves as strategic support for the creation, planning, implementation, assessment, and monitoring of various internal communication channels and platforms.
UT is the state’s flagship research university, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. As a land-grant university, the institution fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement.
The Office of Communications and Marketing is dedicated to advancing the university’s reputation. Staff members support the institution’s mission and goals, promote its successes and achievements, inform and engage its stakeholders, and ensure the integrity of its brand. We craft audience-focused communications based on data, best-practices, and emerging trends.
The division comprises several cross-functional teams, employing more than 50 full-time professionals with expertise in design, development, video production, content strategy, feature writing, editing, marketing, media relations, internal communication, and special events.
We seek candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the university.
Internal communication tools management
· Creates, monitors and manages internal communications tools
· Supports institutional launch, content for and maintenance of intranet to create an interactive, centralized, robust internal communications experience for employees
· Evaluates the needs of internal audiences and organizes channels to best match those needs in order to reach broader business objectives
· Defines metrics that track and analyze intranet performance and adjusts internal communications strategy as needed
· Evaluates audience needs in order to improve effectiveness of communications
· Co-manages university listservs and opt-in content
Internal content planning, development, implementation and evaluation
· Oversees and manages an internal content calendar, in conjunction with the overall communications team calendar
· Collaborates on creating proactive internal materials and messages from a variety of stakeholders across campus
· By leveraging relationships with campus partners, collects content and determines the best vehicle for distribution
· Monitors metrics and trends to analyze the impact and effectiveness of efforts and pivots strategy if/when needed
· Monitors general news email account and responds to questions, complaints and requests in a helpful, timely fashion
· Liaises with campus partners for internal communications questions and counsel related to best practices
· Serves as member of campus data request team
· Works with critical communications team to coordinate and disseminate emergency communication to internal and external stakeholders as needed
· Researches and stays current with trends and best practices in internal communications
· Provides on-call support
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated writing, editing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to develop internal communication strategies
· Organizational skills sufficient to plan and manage multiple, time-sensitive internal communications projects
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
· Meets deadlines
· Represents the university in a professional manner
· Interacts well with campus partners, office staff, and UT administrators
· Provides and is receptive to feedback and constructive criticism
· Works independently and in a group setting
· Desire to protect and promote the university’s reputation
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field
- 4+ years of progressive experience as a communications specialist with proven experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a communications specialist with proven experience
- Experience in higher education
- Experience in Intranet management
- Experience benchmarking and analyzing data
The market range for this position is MR10. Hiring salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
The university offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes health insurance and retirement plans through the State of Tennessee, generous annual and sick leave accruals, longevity pay, tuition waivers and discounts, discounted athletics tickets, and more.
A review of all applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applicants must apply electronically through Taleo and submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references.
News And Information
Nov 21, 2023, 8:47:37 AM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.