United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRs core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in on-site needs assessment and installation and maintenance of UNHCR Telecommunications and IT equipment.
- In consultation with the supervisor, establish the IT requirements in field operations, considering the overall IT and Telecom strategy of the region, the operational needs and the security constraints.
- Install and configure the most appropriate type of UNHCR IT and Telecommunications systems (HF, VHF, UHF, Microwave Links, Telephony, and satellite systems) to meet the field and emergency operations immediate IT needs.
- Ensure that the equipment under his/her responsibility is in good working condition, by inspecting regularly the hardware and installations. If required, arrange promptly repairs or replacement as necessary according to established procedures.
- Maintain records of the installations and repairs/replacements done and keep the supervisor fully informed on the status of the equipment.
- Provide each office, where equipment is installed, with full information for their asset management records.
- If applicable, keep a proper inventory level of all sites spares and return spare parts for repair/replacement.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Printers, LAN points, Hubs, Patch pane, etc. to prevent faults occurring.
- Add or remove users from the Network.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate records of users and usage of the Network.
- Carry out minor hardware maintenance.
- Provide Technical Briefing/Training on the equipment to local IT resources and users, including IPs, ensuring that they are able to maintain/use the equipment.
- Assist in the development and configuration of IT and Telecom Equipment/Kits used in field operations and emergencies.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents / problems.
- Escalate issues to supervisor if incident / problem cannot be resolved with scope of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Service Support Worker / Gweithiwr Cefnogi GwasanaethBritish Red CrossWallis and Futuna (France)Wallis and Futuna (France)
Communications Officer, El SalvadorCounterpart InternationalEl SalvadorEl Salvador
Partnerships Development SpecialistUNOPSFinlandUnited States of AmericaFinlandUnited States of America
Consultancy RecruitmentUnited Nations Children's FundTehran, IranTehran, Iran