United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Innovation unit at UNICEF has been a driving force behind many successful initiatives. Like in most innovations, the majority of those remain as concepts or as pilots that are required to be learned to minimize chance of repetition and of error. At the same time, there are a few innovations that are successful and have been brought to scale. These should be shared and learned with the intention of further sustaining them and possibly even to take successful innovations to new locations and adjust to other programmes. To facilitate this learning, UNICEF launched in 2020 the INVENT platform. INVENT is UNICEF’s global inventory for innovation and T4D projects, it helps focus investments on innovation in line with the organization strategic priorities. INVENT includes innovations of all types: physical product, programming, frugal, innovative financing, data, and digital. INVENT enhances the global visibility of innovative country and regional projects, with the aim of identifying initiatives that have the potential for multi-country and global scale. UNICEF Tanzania has already submitted its catalogue of innovations to INVENT, but some require regular update and there are new interventions that should be catalogued
How can you make a difference?
- with the support of the Innovation and Knowledge management Specialist, review and update information in INVENT
- List all projects in portfolio and identify programme stage;
- Update portfolio projects;
- Regularly conduct landscaping exercises to identify upcoming innovations and requirements for documentation in INVENT;
- Jointly with programme owners design, develop, implement and maintain data information systems
- Through interviews document the user and business requirements for data and information systems;
- Prepare draft documentation about the programme and jointly revise with Innovation and Knowledge Management Specialist
- Identify suitable data visualization platforms and hosting solutions
- Create data collection tools and data dashboards. Provide training to end users and data managers if required
- Engage UNICEF target audiences with relevant information
- Build content for UNICEF audiences via relevant channels;
- Create data visualization and information insights based on data collected and analysed as a response to programmatic needs;
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Graduate in Computer Science, Statistics or a closely related field;
- Minimum 6 months of professional experience or equivalent internship;
- Relevant experience in Human Centered Design, namely interviewing and documenting programme activities;
- Experience with data collection solutions and database management systems, ideally through Open Data Kit or one of its variations (e.g. Kobo Toolbox, Enketo, ONA, etc);
- Previous experience building data visualizations through software packages such as PowerBi or Google DataStudio
- Previous experience in preparing and creating content on SMS and Instant Messaging based technology;
- Working knowledge of Talkwalker Social Listening software;
- Fluency in Swahili and English;
- Previous internship, professional or volunteering experience with CSO’s, NGO’s or United Nations agencies is desirable
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer (Anti-Corruption)United NationsWienWien
Consultant-Réalisation d’une analyse situationnelle nationale sur le volontariatUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Programme Design and Development SpecialistMalaria ConsortiumLondon, United KingdomLondon, United Kingdom
Junior Data Analyst (Finance)United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)Multiple locationsMultiple locations