Junior Events Coordinator Job Brief
We have a vacancy of Junior Events Coordinator in our company, Umbraco. This vacancy is based in Odense. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Junior Events Coordinator Job
Work Type: Fuldtid
City of work: Odense
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-10
Posted on: nearmejobs.eu
Are you our new full-time Junior Events Coordinator?
Do you want to learn and grow in a fast-paced tech company and gain relevant work experience in planning and executing the year’s biggest event?
We are currently searching for a skilled and dedicated full-time Junior Events Coordinator to join our Event Team at Umbraco HQ in Odense for the period of March until June 2023.
Purpose of the position
To help execute our biggest event of the year: Codegarden Week. Codegarden is a 4-day event filled with intriguing speakers, awesome community members, and out-of-the-box entertainment – all taking place at Odense Harbour. More information on codegarden.umbraco.com
We care about people. That’s why the most important qualification is your personality: who you are, your values, and how you interact with others. On top of this you:
- have a take-charge attitude and are passionate about bringing people together
- have a Bachelor’s/AP degree (or currently studying towards a BA/AP), in Hospitality Management, Marketing, Business, or Communications
- have good written and oral communication skills in English
- can multi-task and adapt to change
- are a team player
- have experience with planning and executing events – professionally or on a volunteer basis
Activities and content
You will be assisting in the execution of the following:
- Events’ pre-planning, including determining resource needs, pre-event marketing, and program creation
- Vendors’ review, negotiation, and selection (mainly venue, AV, and caterers)
- Vendors’ follow-up and on-site coordination (mainly venue, AV, and caterers)
- Assigning duties to the events’ staff/contributors (work schedule and logistics)
- Oversee the events in progress and act quickly to resolve any problems or issues. E.g. making sure the venue/set-up is ready in a timely fashion, communicating with other staff, organizing suppliers, welcoming speakers and guests, etc.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Hotel bookings and transportation
- Communication around logistics with vendors, speakers, co-organizers, panelists, guests, etc.
- Social activities and potential entertainment planning around main events
- Preparation and shipping of thank you gifts and events merchandise
- Administrative and logistical support (before, during, and after the events)
Working hours and where
We expect you to work full-time and to be present at Umbraco HQ in Odense most of the time leading up to and during Codegarden Week. We would love to have your application now and to have you onboard starting in March.
Here are some of the perks of working at Umbraco
- Multicultural work environment with a strong focus on Diversity and Inclusion
- Friendly, engaged, and bright colleagues
- Flat hierarchy and an open and honest way of working together
- Great opportunity to advance your career with growth and training
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours
- Company lunch program
- Healthcare insurance and pension scheme
- Lots of social events, Friday bars, Padel
- Great onboarding program
So, what are you waiting for? Now is your chance to be part of an awesome workplace and gain experience in planning and executing the most incredible event of the year!
Go to our website and hit the apply button to apply for the position.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://nearmejobs.eu/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.