- Expertise in Sports Media
- Full-time and continuing
- Level B $104,619 – $123,739 + 17% Superannuation (pro rata part time)
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Lecturer is actively involved in teaching and research and makes an independent contribution through professional practice and expertise in Communications, especially in sports media, and co-ordinate and/or lead the activities of other staff, as appropriate to the Communications discipline. The role is involved in the academic and professional service and engagement as well as in industry partnerships and professional activities.
Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain deep discipline knowledge which is applied to inform unit design
- Lead teaching teams to develop effective unit curricula and learning resources (including through unit leadership roles)
- Adopt new innovation in curriculum design at the unit level
- Deliver learner-centric, research-informed teaching practices across different levels / modes of delivery
- Integrate industry, clinical and/or research practice to teaching
- Lead unit teaching teams and works collaboratively with other unit teaching teams in the course
Key selection criteria for this role:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience
- Experience and expertise in the Communications field, including advertising, digital media, journalism, Public Relations and especially Sports Media.
- excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative curriculum design
- emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications and/or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research funding
- ability to make a contribution to community engagement for research and teaching
- capacity to contribute to leadership of teaching, research and/or administration
- excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD – Teaching and Research Level B Lecturer in Communication.pdf
Applications for this position close on Wednesday 4th October 2023
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent travel will be required
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Matthew Ricketson, Acting Head of School and Professor of Communication, on [email protected]
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
Advertised:13 Sep 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:04 Oct 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.