University of Tasmania
Apply now Job no:498737
Work type:Full time
Categories:Balanced Research/Teaching, Teaching Intensive
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychological Sciences
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Burnie
- Fractional appointments may be considered for the ideal candidate
We are looking for a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer to join the Psychological Sciences team at our beautiful campus located on the water front in Burnie. You will contribute to the teaching and supervision of a range of psychology topics at undergraduate and potentially postgraduate level. Working across a multi-campus team, you will deliver high-quality teaching face-to-face, blended, and online in a balanced teaching and research or teaching intensive role.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University to achieve objectives and fulfill responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to teaching with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Provide high-quality teaching into undergraduate courses.
- Contribute to curriculum development as well as face-to-face and online models.
- Contribute to high-quality research efforts of the school.
- Provide academic leadership.
- Undertake contemporary scholarly teaching in undergraduate, postgraduate and honours programs.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
For Level B
- A PhD in Psychology or equivalent (for example, experience as a practicing Psychologist with Clinical and/or Educational and Developmental Psychology area of practice endorsement).
- Ability to develop and implement scholarly and innovative approaches to learning and teaching.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accreditation standards to curriculum development and implementation.
- A commitment to impactful research that has worthwhile contributions to the field of psychological sciences.
For Level C
- A PhD in Psychology, or equivalent (for example, extensive experience as a Practicing Psychologist with Clinical and or Educational and Developmental area of practice endorsement with supervision experience).
- A strong record in, and commitment to research that has made notable contributions to the field of psychological sciences.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A or Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $142,799 comprising base salary within the range of $76,213 to $122,050 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Lisa Foa, Head, School of Psychological Sciences, [email protected] or 03 6226 2681.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 29 June 2023, 11.55pm
Position Description – Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Psychological Sciences – 498737.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised:23 May 2023 Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close:29 Jun 2023 Tasmania Standard Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.