Summit Benefits Consulting Ltd
Summit Benefits Consulting Ltd. is growing again and recruiting for a Licensed Group Insurance Advisor to join our team! If you are looking for a long-term career where you can invest in YOUR future and control your income, enjoy building meaningful relationships with your clients and have a passion for working with people, we’d love to help you grow!
As a Licensed Group Insurance Broker, you represent our firm and have access to an array of insurance providers that we have established and preferred relationships with. You will support your clients’ needs through solution-based consultation and creation of suited solutions, unique to each client. Working within the Edmonton area, you’ll will work closely with business owners, office managers and HR to provide advice and solutions for new and existing group employee benefit programs. We will support your growth with matched leads from our extensive marketing campaigns to ensure you have a steady stream of new prospects and opportunities.
You will sell products from our vast portfolio offered by insurance carriers and third-party administrators in the group insurance industry. Other opportunities may include individual or corporate life insurance, disability, critical illness, healthcare spending accounts and wellness accounts to provide a positive and helpful impact for employers, employees, and their families.
As a group focused advisor, our internal support staff and third-party administrators will provide extensive customer service (questions, email inquiries, onboarding new business) and support the ongoing management of your existing clients. Our support staff and direct partners work closely with you and your clients to ensure your primary focus is on sales, building relationships, and ensuring long-term success with your clients.
You will be required to:.
- Build and establish relationships with our network of insurance providers and third-party administrators to market and sell (group employee benefits, which include: group life, short term disability, long term disability, prescription drugs, health benefits, dental benefits, healthcare spending accounts/wellness accounts and employee assistance programs to many of the leading employers in the Edmonton and surrounding area.
- Construct and maintain an annual business plan to ensure sales targets and goals are being met, along with the attainment of individual sales goals.
- Grow a book of group business by calling on existing and potential customers while also being provided a steady stream of new prospects and opportunities through our extensive marketing campaigns and partnership arrangements.
- Use our existing CRM systems to track leads, schedule renewals, updating client notes and ensuring necessary file management is accurate and up to date.
- Develop internal relationships with our partners, providers, distribution specialists, and internal support partners, who will assist you in creating specialized plans to meet your clients needs.
- Attend group and individual meetings to revise and refine client goals/coverage.
- Life and Accident and Sickness license in the province of Alberta. (LLQP qualifications are mandatory for this position.)
- Knowledge of group employee benefits, life insurance, disability, critical illness, health, dental, healthcare spending and wellness products are a strong asset. (Will consider new LLQP graduates.)
- Entrepreneurial: Self-starter, self-motivated with an ongoing interest in learning and self development
- Tech-Savvy: with Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Microsoft Office and general computer and technology-based skills
- Empathetic: Takes the time to understand client’s needs, good listener and the ability to educate clients and employees with a plan that is customized and easy to understand
- Communication: reading, speaking and relationship-building skills. (An overall enjoyment of meeting and engaging with new people, while building long lasting relationships.)
- Decisive: Ability to prioritize tasks under pressure while under deadlines
- Teamwork: The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, share ideas, create new initiatives and be a positive and professional member of the organization
- Visionary: Desire to be part of a growing agency focused on building a book of business, while thinking long-term to create your vision of success
- Character: A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Essential: Team-based mentality, positive and upbeat attitude, trustworthy, honest and someone that cares about the well being of others
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today by sending your resume. All applicants and personal information provided will be confidential.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Base plus commission, negotiable
- Must hold qualified LLQP (Life & Accident and Sickness License in province of Alberta)
- Selling employee benefits: 1 year (preferred), but will interview new LLQP graduates
- Knowledge of life insurance, disability, critical illness (Preferred)
- Willing to travel within province of Alberta (Required)
- Communication, presentation and speaking skills (Required)
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Most of your work is from your home office, however when meeting with Clients, Summit Benefits encourages you to respect your client’s Covid Procedures and Policies when visiting their workplaces/offices.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- insurance industry: 1 year (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- LLQP (Life & Accident & Sickness) (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.