Nakina Lumber Inc.
Are you looking for the opportunity for a career as a Maintenance Supervisor? If you are a true leader with a focus on safety, recruitment, training and teamwork, then this is a role for you!
You will be responsible for managing a team made up of operators and maintenance workers. The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the General Manager and will be responsible for the daily operation of the sawmill/planer/kiln and the safety of our employees.
- Ensure the highest safety standards are being upheld.
- Ensure production targets are being met.
- Maintain progressive employee training and development programs and succession planning.
- Help manage manpower and scheduling requirements.
- Oversee all Sawmill/Planer/Kiln work systems to ensure efficient operation.
- Oversee Preventable Maintenance Program and improve and modify as required.
- Reporting to the General Manager to ensure cost control and financial effective decision making.
- Maintain continuous improvement programs.
- Ensure optimal quality and fiber recovery through process optimization and quality control.
- Ensure product quality (lumber, chips, bark and sawdust and shavings) meets customer needs and lumber grade standards.
- Ensure environmental compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma from a recognized post-Secondary Institution or the equivalent in related experience in Sawmill manufacturing.
- Preference will be given to candidates with sawmill or wood products manufacturing experience.
- Excellent Communication skills (spoken and written).
- A passion for taking charge in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nakina, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Maintenance Supervisory: 3 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.