The Calgary Airport Authority
WHO WE ARE
We are more than just planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of remarkable people committed to delivering great results. We manage and operate YYC Calgary International Airport, YBW Springbank Airport and collaborate with many partners – from airlines to customer services and government agencies to food and retail outlets. Now is an exciting time to join our crew and advance YYC as one of Canada’s best airports!
If you’re looking for a company where you can do your best work while improving the travel experience for millions of people each year, we might be a match for you. Collectively, the Communications team oversees the development of internal and external communications strategies that support our annual business plans. We’re driven by research, motivated by action, and take pride in developing head-turning outcomes for our various business partners. We need an accomplished digital communicator to join us as we support several strategic initiatives aimed at elevating experiences at YYC. We love what we do, we work hard but always manage to have some fun along the way.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our lead storyteller, the Manager, Communications & Content will oversee strategic content creation to develop rich and engaging stories in line with our brand on all platforms to all audiences. This includes responsibility for the Authority’s brand management, social media, website, and oversight and management of our various communications channels and online communities. In addition to these accountabilities, they will also provide people leadership, strategic communications counsel, writing and editing, and act as back-up media relations support.
- Oversee our corporate brand and leverage it to inform the development of rich and engaging content across all communications channels that adheres to YYC’s North Star and strategy.
- Develop consistent content strategies that will leverage the company’s brand and enhance user experiences.
- Measure and monitor content effectiveness through content audits.
- Building annual planning cycles to create proactive content.
- Write and manage editorial/content calendars which support the corporate narrative.
- Develop and implement an easy to navigate digital resource for passengers to enhance the guest experience and streamline important information from various stakeholders.
- Conduct an audit of the airport terminal and website to ensure the Authority is in compliance with the Office of the Commission of Official Languages (OCOL) and Accessibility requirements.
- Work with the IT department to develop a large-scale digital strategy that includes modernizing a broad scope of YYC’s digital assets including the website and intranet.
- Develop strategic briefs, key messaging documents, style guides, infographics, intranet content, blog posts, website copy, advertising copy, and social media content.
- Partner with various stakeholders to develop and implement campaigns that support key business drivers.
- Establish a comprehensive communications and social media strategy in alignment with the organization’s priorities and business objectives.
- Proactively identify storylines and opportunities to advance the growth of YYC’s narrative and ensure messaging to external and internal stakeholders is consistent.
- Partner with human resources to develop and execute strategic communications plans related to labour relations, union bargaining, and/or other high-profile employee situations.
- Provide strategic communications counsel as well as support, planning and guidance on the development of key messaging for external facing teams.
- Assist in the management and creation of corporate publications (e.g., the annual report, social responsibility report, corporate presentations, and fact sheets).
- Provide support in defining, developing, and executing outcome-based public relations programs that promote YYC’s corporate narrative across key audiences and manage corporate reputation.
- Develop key messages and respond as a corporate spokesperson as needed.
- Coach and support various experts for media interviews or other strategic speaking engagements.
- Provide on-call and after hours support on a rotational basis.
- Participate in emergency preparedness planning activities related to crisis and emergency communications response.
- Be available in emergency situations as the corporate spokesperson and/or Public Information Officer (PIO).
- Lead the digital communications team by participating in recruitment, setting and management performance expectations, providing direction and meaningful recognition, and conducting discipline when required.
- Research trends, industry news, partner updates, and emerging engagement platforms.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- 10+ years’ experience managing brand experience and/or content development.
- Experience with corporate storytelling and content marketing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to adjust communication style and content format for a variety of audiences and social media platforms.
- Expert understanding of the communications and content universe, trends, channel use and their business application.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of digital engagement to reach target audiences.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Experience with creative direction including design, video and editing.
- Skilled in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and knowledge of video editing.
- Knowledge of website design and optimization, information architecture, user experience and content management systems.
- Existing knowledge of airport, aviation industry is an asset
- Working knowledge of French in a business environment is an asset
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC)
- This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and remote work.
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $104,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Brand Experience management: 10 years (required)
- Content development: 10 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB
Expected start date: 2023-03-01
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.