Lakeland Credit Union
About Lakeland Credit Union
Lakeland Credit Union (LCU) is a provider of financial products and services assisting our members in Bonnyville, Cold Lake and surrounding rural communities for over 80 years. We believe in community, integrity, excellence, the co-operative system, and our people.
Move beyond a job with crazy hours and unpredictable schedules. Choose to make a real difference in people’s lives and in your community by applying your skills and knowledge at your locally owned financial institution. Join a professional, caring, and supportive workplace to move your career forward.
Apply for a role at Lakeland Credit Union today and start changing lives, one member at a time. Live. Grow. THRIVE here!
To learn more about us and the services we offer, please visit our website at lakelandcreditunion.com.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Special Loans to join our team on a full-time basis at our branch in Bonnyville, AB.
Reporting to the VP, Credit Risk Management, the Manager, Special Loans will maximize the collection of overdue payments from members (retail and commercial) while minimizing collection costs and loan losses on assigned accounts. This role will conduct timely and effective collection follow-up discussions on assigned loans in varying stages of arrears and on accounts with potential default risks. The Manager will maintain relationships with the members while reducing the risk of loss to the Credit Union through effective collection efforts. This role will lead the management of the delinquency process, providing reports to management including delinquency trends and predictive analytics.
More specifically, some of your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively establish and maintain relationships with members encountering loan payment difficult with a supportive and collaborative approach; manage any member disputes.
- Follows up on more complex delinquency issues or members referred by coworkers; verifies the reason for delinquency and provides advice and assistance to members on options to mitigate loss and to resolve the delinquency; assist branches with fraud cases.
- Retains the services of external professionals such as lawyers, realtors, and bailiffs to act on behalf of the credit union and provides instruction in relation to repossession and foreclosure activities.
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares files for court action, seizure, or write-off and represents the credit union in court for trial, payment hearings, and settlement conferences; maintains current knowledge of legal issues as they relate to collections.
- Make recommendations to the VP, Credit Risk Management concerning the appropriateness and effectiveness of existing policies and procedures. Assist with research and development for recommended changes to policy and procedures.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 3 years of lending and Special Loans management. Formal post-secondary education in Business or related education is preferred. National Collector Certificate from the Credit Institute of Canada is an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you are a resourceful, superior communicator, with strong organization and time management skills. You have a process improvement mindset, with the critical thinking and sound judgment skills to make valuable decisions.
Above all, you are flexible and adaptable, and empowered to positively contribute to the success of the organization while building relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
What We Offer
As a valued member of our independent financial institution, you will be awarded a competitive salary, RRSP matching program and vacation, along with a host of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- Healthcare spending account
- Wellness spending account
- Discounted employee financial services benefits
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Employee bonding events, Christmas parties, and summer socials!
- This successful candidate must be bondable and will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including criminal record and credit checks.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.