Watchung Pediatrics is looking to fill 2 Medical Scribe position in our Fanwood and Millburn, NJ office. Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Manager, the Medical Scribe will accurately record vital notes in the electronic health record (EHR). COMPENSATION IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
1. Accompany the physician or nurse practitioner into patient rooms and transcribe all relevant sections of the visit including history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam, diagnoses and plan.
2. Document any procedures performed by the provider.
3. Order lab tests, medications, or any other testing required during the visit.
4. Get referral lists, write school excuse notes, and any other task the provider needs done during the visit.
5. Administrative duties will be assigned to be completed during breaks in patient flow.
6. Complete all tasks within an acceptable time frame.
7. Consistently apply the procedures and policies of the company, fairly and equitable encourage respect and trust among employees.
8. Maintain professionalism when interacting with parents; address parental concerns and remain calm under stress.
9. Portray an organized, professional image when associating with other staff and providers.
10. Arrive to work on time for regularly scheduled shifts; days off are planned in advance; absences do not exceed yearly allotment.
1. Complete required school and camp forms accurately; keep documentation of all forms.
2. Provide backup coverage and support to other office staff as requested and need.
3. Attend meetings as needed.
4. Perform special duties as assigned by Practice Manager, Nurse Supervisor, Front Desk Supervisor or Billing Department.
GENERAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be flexible in working with different providers and performing different tasks as needed
· Must possess a professional demeanor
· Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
· Flexibility and ability to perform different tasks as need by supervising nurses, physicians, billers and administrators
· Must be computer proficient and able to learn new applications
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Prior experience with physician or provider in a medical setting
· Must possess some knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to recognize the physical exam process and accurately record exam details
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Must be comfortable dealing with sick patients
· Must possess a desire to go into medicine, either medical school, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner is recommended, but not required
– Must be able to stand long periods of time
Watchung Pediatrics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees must wear masks at all times on-site and be fully vaccinate for Covid, including one booster shot.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fanwood, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Medical Scribes: 1 year (Required)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Required)
- Typing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.