Directors Guild of Canada - Alberta District Council
Directors Guild of Canada (DGC)
Note: This is a full time contract position, with the potential to turn into a full time employee for the right candidate. Please identify in your cover letter why supporting members of the film and television industry interests you.
TITLE: Membership Services Administrator
DIVISION: Alberta District Council (ADC)
REPORTS TO: Business Agent
Responsible for providing administrative support for new and returning member applications, upgrades as well as responding to general information requests and assistance to prospective, new, and current DGC Alberta members. Provides administrative and logistical support for the Alberta District Council (ADC) Training
Committee and Training initiatives as required and oversees the Registered
The Member Services Administrator is responsible for supporting communications for the ADC, with potential to include social media and membership communications.
(1) Member Support
- Serves as the initial point of contact for DGC Alberta membership. Answers incoming general inquiries as well as specific inquiries regarding eligibility requirements for the registered permittee program intake, new member intake, current membership status.
- Processes membership and upgrades, verifying accuracy, completion, and eligibility; confirms payment; liaises with Business Agent, Assistant Business Agent, Caucus Representatives, and National office during approval process.
- Updates, maintains, and creates new profiles in our database and server.
- Assists with setting up meetings and workshops, assembling course packages, and contributing to/participating in member events, and other training when appropriate
- Ensures all member deal memos (contracts) are processed.
- Contribute to the weekly newsletter and other membership outreach (hiring alerts, training notices etc)
(3) Event Programming
- Under the direction of the Executive Board and Business Agent, and at times with the ACTRA Staff, co-ordinate, and plan upcoming events for membership and/or the public at large
- These duties may include creating graphics for emails, flyers, social media posts etc; recruiting members for Committees if needed; sourcing out and booking venue’s if required; managing registration for events if required
- Assist in the co-ordination of National DGC training opportunities.
(4) Bookkeeping Responsibilities
- Assists the Assistant Business Agent with accounts payables and receivables including cheque requisitions, invoices, performing monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assists the Assistant Business Agent in confirming accurate remittance records.
(5) Other Responsibilities
- First point of contact responding in a timely manner to inquiries.
- Handles additional administrative tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Participates in weekly meetings, national staff meetings and executive board meetings as required. (Monthly executive board meetings occur in the evening).
- Ensures all production files are organized and filing is completed in a timely manner
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Post-secondary diploma, degree, or equivalent office administrative experience.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized and solid record keeping skills.
- The ability to handle a high-volume workload with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with expertise in Excel.
- Proficient with accounting general practices.
Preference will be given to an individual who possesses:
- An outgoing and friendly attitude
- Professional experience in the media/ arts / entertainment industry
- Professional experience in a similar administrative role
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-02
Expected start date: 2023-03-06
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.