Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Requisition ID: req37802
Job Title: MHNT Team Leader
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dassenech, Ethiopia
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 40 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 1999 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in ten regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Scope/job of Work:
The MHNT Team leader is a member of the IRC health team and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the IRCs MHNTs activities in Assigned Dasenech woredas of SNNPR region. (S)He will primarily coordinate and implement effective medical logistics for the emergency health and nutrition program, from strategic design to implementation of a timely and appropriate medical supplies’ management, in line with organizational and international standards.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- · MHNT Team leader is responsible for managing all tasks related to the team service delivery.
- · Responsible for team plan movement and ensure all service package components of the MHNT are delivered.
- · S/He specifically responsible for adult and under five-year medical consultation and nutrition service package and supported by the two health extension workers.
- · Responsible for all quarterly supplies related issues (In/Out & stock balance) & timely flag of shortage.
- · Responsible for vehicle utilization, administrative management including fuel & travels. ▪ Team capacitating (WoHo staff, HEWs and other Nurses)
- · Responsible for the link between the team and the zonal/woreda administrations, WorHO and service recipient community
- · Attend necessary meetings within the woreda during emergencies, planning, responding and monitoring.
- · Ensure other team members are doing correct tally, recording, registering and filling.
- · Verify, compile and share complete timely reports to woreda and regional data manger.
- · Early communicate any shortfalls (programmatic and administrative issues to ZHB &/or supporting partners.
- · Represent IRC at Health and Nutrition coordination, and task force meetings at Woreda and Zonal level.
- · Ensures that Health and Nutrition interventions are utilized as per the standard protocols, policies, and guidelines of MoH and WHO
Monitoring & Evaluation
- · Collect data from the team members and share with Sr. health officer and Health and Nutrition Manager on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- · Supervise and evaluate the activities of MHNT teams and provide immediate feedback.
- · Ensure that client’s feedback are collected; response are provided; and client reach are captured and updated frequently.
- · Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of the projects are met.
- Other duties
Any other relevant activities as deemed by the immediate and technical supervisors.
Key Working Relationships
Work with MHNT Nurse, MHNT Mid wife, Sr. health officer & Health and nutrition Manager, Admin, Finance, and supply chain based in Hawassa.
Work with Woreda Health Offices, Zonal health desk, Health extension workers and/ or CVs and health staff of the two health facilities, and other IPs.
- · In addition to IRC core values/competencies: diligence, attention to critical details, a keen sense of work priorities, and resourcefulness in obtaining and researching meaningful information.
- · Dedication and commitment to work under stress; Self-motivated, transparent, highly responsible, and punctual.
- · Meets timelines for all reporting and delivery of outputs; Results-based attitude, as well as excellent organization skills.
- · Strong computer skills, with a good knowledge of MS Office Windows (Word, Excel, Access) and virtual platforms
- · Minimum work experience of 2 years for MPH/MSc, 3 years for BSc Degree
- · Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong inter-personal skills.
- · NGO experience in emergency health response project activities is preferable.
- · Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
- · Ability to plan, organize, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects.
- · Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication.
- · Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual and ability to constructively address gaps and weaknesses. expertise on Psychiatric Nurse has an advantage.
- · Ability to work under pressure in remote areas and understanding of the cultural context of the local area including ability to speak local language has advantage.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.