Joseph Brant Hospital
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for seven (7) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
The Facilities department is looking for a Regular Full-time Millwright. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health and dental coverage, semi-private hospitalization, short and long-term disability, as well as the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). HOOPP is one of the largest and most respected defined benefit pension plans in Canada where for every dollar you contribute, JBH contributes $1.26. Apply to join us today!
- Performs general maintenance and repairs on all mechanical equipment and systems.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs to control circuits and wiring.
- Completes preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Carries out water treatment, softener regeneration and general maintenance on power plant equipment.
- Completes work orders in a timely manner with accurate documentation of work performed in a computerized maintenance system.
- Provides verbal and written documentation and reports.
- Carries out duties as a member of the Hospital fire team.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a Certificate of Qualification (Ontario License) Millwright.
- Additional Certificate of Qualification in a related field is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a licensed Millwright in a Facilities maintenance role is required. Hospital experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of building systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of control circuits and wiring.
- Intermediate machining and welding skills.
- Good record keeping, computer and communication skills.
- Availability to work overtime including call backs, as required.
- Availability to work rotating shifts and weekends.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and patient safety, considers safety of self and co-workers.
PLEASE NOTE: Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #202929. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Based on recent government mandates and directives, Healthcare workers are now required to provide proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination to work in an acute care setting such as Joseph Brant Hospital. If successful in receiving a job offer with Joseph Brant Hospital, new hires will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date as a condition of their employment. In the event that successful candidates are unable to get their COVID-19 vaccination as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to determine if they are exempt from this requirement to employee health services upon receiving their offer of employment.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful place for everyone to visit, work and receive care. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31.32-$32.16 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- millwright: 5 years (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.