Unifor is seeking a National Representative to work out of the Research Department in the National Office in Toronto. We are looking for a dedicated and experienced individual to join our team in advancing the goals of Unifor, defending and expanding the rights of our members, and working to achieve economic and social justice.
Working closely with the union’s Officers, Staff and Local Union leadership in a fast-paced environment, Unifor researchers support collective bargaining, policy development, government relations and strategic campaigns.
Primary responsibilities include researching, preparing and presenting briefs, research and policy reports on a wide range of subjects, including: sector analysis, corporate financial analysis, collective bargaining trends and outcomes, labour market performance, international trade, as well as fiscal and social policy.
· Graduate-level university degree in industrial relations, political science, economics or a closely related discipline.
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
· Demonstrated ability to research and prepare briefs, research and policy reports on a wide range of subjects, including: sector analysis, corporate financial analysis, collective bargaining trends and outcomes, labour market performance, international trade, fiscal and social policy as well as transportation policy issues.
· Thorough knowledge of collective bargaining and labour relations.
· Previous experience with applied research in a trade union, government or advocacy environment.
· Ability to perform advanced quantitative and financial analysis.
· Excellent writing skills and an an ability to communicate analysis and issues clearly to a range of audiences, including union activists, public officials and policy-makers, the social policy community and media.
· Proficiency in English. The ability to work in both official languages would be an asset.
The position is located in the Unifor National Office in Toronto. Frequent travel is required. This is a full-time permanent position following the successful completion of a nine-month probationary period. Excellent salary and benefits are set under collective agreement.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $88,405.00-$126,293.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- research in union, government or advocacy environment: 3 years (required)
- degree in indust. relations, political science or economics (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-31
Expected start date: 2023-03-06
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.