Food and Agriculture Organization
The Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. REU also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The position is located in the Regional Office in Budapest, Hungary.
The incumbent will report directly to one or more Officers as assigned and overall report to the Regional Representative.
The incumbent will provide responsible secretarial and programme support as follows.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in the organization of technical workshops, and international meetings, including webinars held within and outside the Office, including logistic aspects, drafting and dispatching invitation letters, overseeing visa arrangements, arranging travel and providing support at the meetings, etc;
- Assist in the recruitment of consultants according to FAO rules and regulations, using the corporate recruitment system TALEO, including preliminary review of the applications, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels and preparing minutes of the interview meetings for the recruitment procedure;
- Assist with procurement of products and services, as well as preparation and implementation of Letters of Agreement;
- Assist in travel arrangement for field missions and technical events, prepare and submit claims for technical support and assistance on behalf of the Officers;
- Maintain, log, file update records in prescribed format for subsequent use; maintain and keep current files on status of projects (FPMIS);
- Assist in daily office duties, including reporting, routine office duties and correspondence, including translations;
- Collect data and other information on development and /or subject-matter activities of the country or area; process and examine the information and data in accordance with instructions received, making necessary abstracts and computations;
- Collect and prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review by the supervisor; organize and schedule meetings, take minutes and notes;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
Minimum Requirements :
- Completed secondary school education, university degree is an asset.
- One year of relevant experience in secretarial and clerical/programme work and experience in record-keeping and processing of information;
- Working knowledge of English and/or Russian and limited knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Spanish or French
- Nationality of Hungary or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Apprenti(e) Ingénieur(e) Business Analyst – IFP School H/FTechnip EnergiesFranceFrance
Project Controls Manager Interconnexion – F/HRTECourbevoie, Hauts-de-SeineCourbevoie, Hauts-de-Seine
Researchers /Junior ResearchersQuincy Institute for Responsible StatecraftWashington, D.C.Washington, D.C.
A GRANT MANAGERAction Contre la Faim FranceRomaniaRomania