ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
CARE Canada’s bold strategic plan, From Caring Comes Courage (2021 – 2025), sets out CARE Canada’s commitment to bring all our resources, talent, and expertise together tounlock women’s leadership for a gender-just future. It recognizes that to lead change and realize a better life for herself and her community, every woman needs to be safe, healthy and have a dignified livelihood. It also fundamentally realizes that ‘business as usual’ is no longer good enough: this Plan challenges us to reimagine how we achieve our mission, inspire Canadian investment in that mission, and transform our organization to be future-ready.
The Public Engagement Unit is responsible for CARE Canada’s externally facing initiatives. The team is fundamental to achieving our goal of inspiring Canadians to join us in this journey with a brave and bold voice and through innovative partnerships and sustainable, balanced revenue sources.
Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Officer is a highly organized systems thinker who will play an integral role in the growth and development of the Philanthropy program at CARE Canada through leading the Philanthropy team’s donor content creation process, and managing and developing the systems and processes for the Major Gifts Pipeline and Moves Management tracking. They will be responsible for executing the Philanthropy team’s stewardship strategy, supporting the team with the writing, and designing of all donor-facing reports, updates, proposals and grant submissions. Additionally, they will assist the Philanthropy team in creating the organizational systems for tracking the engagement of our Philanthropy donors with the work of CARE and tracking the revenue development and moves management process from start to finish.
Gender is at the heart of CARE’s mandate, and therefore at the centre of everything we do. You must have a strong commitment to gender equality and be keen to learn more about how these fits into the work that we do.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- You are an excellent writer, with a strong ability to translate complex operational details about International Development and Humanitarian work happening around the world into compelling and easy-to-understand donor-facing language.
- You have experience working with Raisers Edge NXT, or other related CRMS, especially within Moves Management systems.
- You have proven experience working cross-functionally, with team members at all levels, and ability to manage multiple schedules and To-Do Lists, and implement complex projects.
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You possess excellent organizational skills.
- You have proficiency in using the MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Power Point
- You possess a proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Be based in Canada, and willing to travel mostly domestically or to Ottawa if outside when required.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
- You have bachelor’s Degree Preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Facility in French strongly desired
- Experience working with graphic design tools such as Canva or similar tools.
- Experience in the International Development sector an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Starting Salary Range between CAD $57,000 – $62,000 depending on skills and experience
- Generous leave entitlements
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Learning and development opportunities and specialised training
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home arrangements with the requirement of being present 1-2 days per week in the office based in Ottawa from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for phone management
- A family friendly environment
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission!
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity and building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to apply to roles only when they meet all the criteria outlined in the posting. If you’re excited about this role but don’t have experience with each and every qualification, we encourage you to apply. Let us know in your application if you have a non-traditional background and how your experience maps to the role you’re applying for. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
CARE Canada has a mandatory vaccination policy currently in place with accommodations based on the Ontario Human Rights Code.
As part of CARE Canada’s commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.
- Pay TypeSalary
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.