Universidade de Aveiro
24 May 2023
- Universidade de Aveiro
- Office of the Vice-Rector of Cooperation
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- 8 Jun 2023 – 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Offer Starting Date
- 1 Jul 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- European Union / Next Generation EU
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
A call for application is now open for the attribution of 1 (one) Research Fellowship, with reference 31/2023/BI/AgendasPRR, for development of scientific and technological research activities, under the scheme «Agendas Mobilizadoras/Verdes para a Inovação Empresarial», namely ILLIANCE project, at the Institute for Nanostructures, Nanomodelling and Nanofabrication (I3N) Research Unit, at the University of Aveiro, Portugal, with the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Physics Engineering
2. Funding entity: funded by the PRR – Recovery and Resilience Plan and by the NextGenerationEU, through the scheme «Agendas para a Inovação Empresarial».
3. Admission Requirements: candidates must be students enrolled in a Master/Integrated Master course in the Physics Engineering scientific field. The candidates must also present the following requirements: experience in relevant areas to the project, with preference to candidates with experience in synthesis and characterization of graphene-based materials.
The proof of enrolment must be made until the contract signing date, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the admission requirements.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: candidates who comply with provisions of paragraph a) nº1 from article 2 of the Statute of the Research Fellow are eligible, as amended by Decree-Law nº 123/2019, of 28 of August, and also the provisions of article nº 9 of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
5. Work Plan: To develop gas sensors for detecting tumor markers in urine. Will be explored e-nozes sensors based on commercial sensors and GFETs sensors using graphene produced by chemical vapor deposition. Evaluation of the performance of sensors in the detection of compounds, such as acetic acid, acetone, 2-propanol, 4-heptonone, in samples of synthetic and real urine. It is also intended to start its integration in non-intrusive monitoring devices at the point of interest.
6. Legislation and regulations: the fellowship assignment will be done according to the Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow, published in Decree-Law nº 123/2019, of 28 of August; Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, Regulation No. 292/2020, published in Diário da República No. 61, Series II, of March 26th; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions) (available at https://www.ua.pt/en/sgrh/bolseiros ).
7. Place of work: the work will take place at Department of Physics (DFIS) of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor Doctor Nuno Miguel Franco dos Santos and co-supervision of Assistant Professor Luiz Fernando Ribeiro Pereira and Doctor Alexandre Faia Carvalho.
8. Duration of the grant(s): the research fellowship will last for 12 (twelve) months, with an expected starting date on the July 1st 2023. The fellowship may be renewed up to the maximum limit of approved funding, during the project implementation period, and without exceeding the duration limits defined for the type of fellowship in article 9, of Regulation no. 292/2020, of February 28th, published in Diário da República, no. 61, Series II, of March 26th (Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro).
9. Monthly allowance: The monthly allowance is 930,98€, according to the table of values of monthly allowance set out in Attachment III of the Regulation on Scientific Research Scholarship of University of Aveiro, subject to any updates that may occur if applicable. The payment will be made by bank transfer. The candidate may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence.
10. Selection method: the selection methods to be used include Curricular Evaluation, with the option of an Interview in case the Jury considers that they do not have the conditions to decide based on Curricular Evaluation. The sub criteria to be assessed under Curricular Evaluation (with a weight of 0 – 20 points) are:
– Average of the last obtained degree (50%)
– R&D experience in the scientific area of this call (50%)
If the jury considers that do not have the conditions for deciding based on Curricular Evaluation, an interview may be held, where the final score will be 70% for curricular evaluation and 30% for interview. The jury reserves the right to not admit candidates for interview that do not reach the minimum classification of 10 points (in a scale from 0 to 20 points), as well as not to assign the research fellowship if among candidates there is no one who has a minimum final classification of 10 points.
11. Members of the Jury: President: Assistant Professor Luiz Fernando Ribeiro Pereira; Permanent members: Doctor Nuno Miguel Franco dos Santos and Doctor Alexandre Faia Carvalho; Substitute members: Doctor Sónia Oliveira Pereira and Associate Professor with Habilitation Florinda Mendes da Costa;
12. Period for submission of applications: the call is open between 25 May 2023 and 08 June 2023. Only applications received in this period will be considered for evaluation. Applications must be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] with identification of the reference number in the email subject.
Applications should include the following mandatory documents: certificate(s) of qualifications, curriculum vitae, declaration of honor, application form , motivation letter and other supporting documents considered relevant. The candidate should also indicate the e-mail address to be notified for all purposes within the scope of this procedure. Failure to comply with the deadline for submission of the application, as well as the incorrect formalization of the application, result in the exclusion of the application.
13. Publication/notification of results: the results of the evaluation will be published within 60 working days after the final date of submission of the application, whereas the candidates will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days after notification is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 10 working days after notification of the final decision, by appealing to the Rector.
14. Research fellowship duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid for 12 months for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
University of Aveiro, 24 May 2023
Assistant Professor Luiz Fernando Ribeiro Pereira
PT version: https://www.ua.pt/pt/noticias/3/81060
- Research Field
- Education Level
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- University of Aveiro
Where to apply
- [email protected]
- Campus Universitário de Santiago
- Postal Code
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.