UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
The UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji serves 10 countries (Federated States of Micronesia – FSM, Fiji, Kiribati, Republic of Marshall Islands – RMI, Nauru, Palau, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu). Focusing on implementing solutions to global and national development challenges under the leadership of the Resident Representative, the country office has three focus areas namely Effective Governance, Inclusive Growth and Resilience and Sustainable Development.
UNDP Joint Operations Centre provides daily operations support to all UNDP Programmes and Projects including the Resident Coordinators Office and other UN agencies. These supports include but are not limited to Administrative, Finance, Procurement and Human Resources. UNDP Pacific Office based in Suva regularly requires operations support to assist the office in operational and transactional tasks.
Therefore, UNDP is seeking qualified individuals to provide operational support to the UNDP Operations teams based in Suva. Under the overall guidance and supervision of the respective Operations Team Leaders, the operations finance Associate are expected to provide high-quality, accurate, and consistent operations support.
- Compile EFT files after the pay-cycle is completed to be sent to Bank
- Print cheques and transfer to the bank for Telegraphic Transfer or disbursement to vendors.
- Correction of payment/EFTs if required to ensure correct transfer of funds.
- Liaison with Bank on any payment-related queries.
- Admin support including Bank run as required
- Work with Travel team to ensure DSAs are paid in time
b). Vendor Reconciliation and timely payment:-
- Liaising with GSSU on any queries and ensuring that payments, APJVs, and GLJEs are made on time.
- Resolve any exceptions on the IFD relating to the finance area.
- Assist in clearing outstanding Local Purchase Orders
c). Continue on the operational team to :-
- GLJEs, APJVs, and corrections
- Support to RCO and other non-Quantum agencies in payment processing
- Reconcile VAT open item account
- Assist in preparing/scanning finance files and documentation for audit
- Work closely on the Data cleaning and transition to Quantum ERP
d). Vat reconciliation
- Compile monthly VAT returns
- Follow up on queries (VAT) with FRCS and knowledge transfer
e). Reporting and Budgeting
- Prepare financial analysis and reports as required
- Support with Budget revision in Quantum Assist in Institutional Budgeting and reconciliation
- assist in preparing invoices for projects
- assist in reconciliation of outstanding invoices
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- High School completion OR University Degree in Finance, Business/ Accounting or Public Administration.
- Certified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage
- Highschool completion with 6 years progressively responsible finance and accounting experience
- OR Bachelors with 3 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required.
- Experience in working with and maintaining good relations with government counterparts and programme beneficiaries (e.g.Government, development partners, CSOs and private sector representatives).
- Applicants who have more than 3 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience will have an added advantage.
- Experience of working with UN or other regional/international organisations that involves donor funded setting will be an asset
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.