University of Miami
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
This is a per diem Staff Physician position in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
- Provide ophthalmology medical and surgical services as needed according to service rotation and call schedule. If indicated, will rotate to other sites within the University of Miami Health System according to schedule set by the Chairman and/or Service Director.
- Be active in the education of residents and medical students in the service.
- Maintain high clinical quality, productivity and citizenship within the department, e.g., attendance and participation in lectures, rounds, committee assignments, academic activity, etc.
- Develop and/or participate in quality assurance protocols and clinical outcome studies for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
- Perform administrative and committee responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Chairman or Service Director, which may include participation in, or organization of, continuing medical education courses in provider area of specialty.
- Expected to abide by and conform to all University policies and procedures including University of Miami Medical Group Bylaws, hospital bylaws, and those policies and procedures required by University agencies, vendors or other third parties. The faculty member is expected to be familiar with the University faculty manual.
- The candidate must be board certified/eligible and must have a license to practice medicine in the state of Florida (Florida Medical License or University Medical Certificate).
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.