Are you interested in working on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance? Are you focused on helping others comply with regulations and policies? Are you passionate about research and subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment? Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence rules promulgated by our regulators? Then our ICN Personal Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- As a Personal Consultation Associate Analyst, you’ll use your analytical, research and investigative skills to:
- Work closely with ICN Managers and Partners, Principals and Managing Directors to assist audit engagement teams and Deloitte US professionals with compliance of regulatory independence rules and Deloitte US independence policies
- Perform research and analysis on corporate entity structures of financial institutions
- Perform research and analysis on various types of financial relationships and employment matters
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of new and existing independence policies for all Deloitte US entities
- Interact and act as a technical resource for other teams within ICN
- Attend policy setting meetings, perform research, and develop guidance to address emerging independence issues
- Draft internal correspondence aimed at increasing awareness of the independence rules and implications of new SEC, PCAOB or AICPA rulings (e.g., the Frequently Asked Questions, talking points)
- Assist with the revision of independence policies of the Deloitte US Entities to reflect rule changes and revisions to firm interpretations of existing rules based on “live” consultations
- Assist in the further development of procedures, and implementing improvements, for the Deloitte Tracking & Trading System and the Independence Consultation System
- Prepare materials containing independence information for use at conferences and trainings
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation-ours and our clients. That’s why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Personal Consultation team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelor degree
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail along with strong technical, organizational, and analysis skills
- Ability to analyze facts and relationships
- Ability to learn, understand and apply firm’s independence policies and guidance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United states without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Familiarity with financial services, investments, and an understanding of common financial instruments
- Financial Service industry experience is a plus
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $ 40320 to $66240
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.