Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Laatst aangepast :
The MSI Department of the KU Leuven invites applications for a PhD position in entrepreneurship. We are looking for students with strong academic backgrounds and intellectual curiosity. Doctoral candidates will be employed on a 100% position for four years. Preferred starting date is September 1st 2023 or by mutual agreement.
The Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) of the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) of the KU Leuven is an international multidisciplinary research group with expertise in the areas of Strategy, Industrial Organization, Political Economy, International Business, and Entrepreneurship. The department includes faculty members across the three campuses of the FEB located in Leuven, Brussels and Antwerp, and also hosts the expertise center on R&D monitoring, ECOOM. The MSI department is amongst the leading of its kind in Europe, with over 30 faculty members, 25 PhD students and 10 postdocs. The position will be affiliated with the main campus located in the heart of Leuven, a picturesque historical university town in the center of Belgium, but also a dynamic and vibrant city which has been named European Capital of Innovation 2020 by the European Commission. Leuven lies within a twenty-minute drive from Brussels, the capital of Belgium and of the European Union, and less than two hours from Paris, London, Cologne and Amsterdam.
In close collaboration with your supervisor you develop your own research project in the field of entrepreneurship. Potential topic areas include start-up financing (e.g., crowdfunding, ICOs, business angels, venture capital, accelerators, …), entrepreneurial teams (e.g., co-founder matching), technology transfer, and digitalization. Excellent students with other interests in entrepreneurship are strongly encouraged to apply.
You have a background in Management, Economics, (Business) Engineering, (Business) Informatics or related domains with excellent results (at least honor levelgrades). Having obtained a research master degree with due attention to quantitative and methodological courses, experience in handling large databases, quantitative methods, and programming is a plus. You are fluent in spoken and written English.
Your application package should contain the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter with research interests
- Transcripts of all university and high school grades
- GRE or GMAT test score and/or proof of English proficiency such as TOEFL or IELTS test scores
- (optional) Writing sample, e.g., Master’s thesis
- (optional) Reference letters can be addressed to [email protected] by your referees
- the opportunity to work on international research projects and obtain your PhD from one of the most prestigious universities in Europe,
- the opportunity to present your work at international conferences and spend some time abroad as a visiting PhD student,
- a thriving internationally oriented PhD program offering foundational courses within the main MSI research areas, on empirical methods and electives of your interest,
- a regular seminar series which attracts renowned speakers from all over the world,
- full funding over the course of four years, office space and equipment, access to data and expertise in its utilization, and generous travel expenses for presenting at conferences,
- excellent career perspectives: MSI PhD graduates are held in high esteem both in academia and research institutions but also in government and business where their research qualifications are increasingly demanded.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Michael Mödl: [email protected] or Mrs. Isabelle Theys: [email protected]
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, but should be received no later than March 15th, 2023.
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this posting.