This is an until –filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
Relocation to Dawson City for this position may be provided in accordance with the Interview and Relocation Expense Directive. This posting is to fill a fulltime permanent position working 80 hours bi-weekly.
Explore some of the additional benefits we offer to our employees and some of the adventures that await you in Dawson City:
- Annual Community Allowance $2,310
- Travel Bonus – 2 days per quarter
- Yukon Bonus $2,242 (after 2 years employment)
- Dawson City Yukon – Home of the Klondike Gold Rush
For more information, please visit what we offer our employees
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
The Property Management Division of Highways & Public Works builds and maintains government buildings to provide safe workplaces for YG employees and public access to government services. We provide planning, design, project management, maintenance, custodial and grounds keeping services to Yukon’s buildings. We employ tradespeople, architects, engineers, labourers, administrators, and many other exciting careers. Reporting to the Trades Foreperson, Mechanical, this position performs a wide variety of plumbing and related mechanical systems maintenance functions, including preventative maintenance to ensure Yukon government facilities remain operational and safe. As a plumber with Property Management Division, you will build and maintain effective working relationships in an environment with multiple changing priorities. You should have strong communication skills and be tactful and diplomatic in your approach to providing quality client service and resolving issues.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job nearmejobs.eu Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below; specifically, how your work experience and related duties align with these essential qualifications. (Ensure a month/year to month/year format is used for each work experience. For more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon government posting please refer to here. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.)
- Journeyman Plumber with interprovincial Red Seal certificate (copy to be provided upon request).
- Experience in the plumbing trade, repairing, installing, and maintaining plumbing, heating, sprinkler, and HVAC systems in residential, commercial and/or institutional buildings.
- Experience evaluating and planning small mechanical projects; including providing cost estimates; and
- Applicants with current certification of ‘Gas B’ will be considered an asset.
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Ability to interpret blueprints as well as building systems operations and maintenance manuals.
- Knowledge of and experience applying occupational and health safety standards.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision), as well as in a team setting.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Interprovincial Journeyman Plumber Certification.
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Obtain and maintain RCMP vulnerable sector check (to be obtained prior to hire).
Travel, working in adverse weather conditions, mandatory use of personal protective equipment, adhering to the safety program and all applicable policies and procedures, and lifting up to 22 kilograms.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Louis Gerberding, Area Superintendent – Northern Region, [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Kendall Pigeau, HR Consultant, [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes may only be accepted through e-recruitment.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.