Copa-Cogeca, the biggest EU organization representing European farmers and agri-cooperatives, is looking for an experienced, well-organized, and self-motivated Policy Advisor to join our agricultural commodities team.
The Policy Advisor on Organic Farming, Aquaculture, Tobacco, Rice and Honey primary duties are to provide policy analysis, build positions with members, and finally elaborate and implement advocacy strategies targeting EU public bodies and stakeholders. To do so, and as part of the agricultural commodities team, she/he is managing and developing the expertise of the related working parties in close collaboration with the Copa-Cogeca secretariat team and its members. This position represents a unique opportunity to evolve in an exciting international environment at the crossroad of many industries while working for a sector in perpetual evolution and at the core of any society, farming.
This position requires strategic thinking, great organisation, and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to plan ahead and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of care and diplomacy. We are looking for a candidate who already has experience of European affairs, preferably in connection with the topics she/he will have to deal with, and who is able to propose policy initiatives and implement strategies in close collaboration with Working parties’ chairs and members.
The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills in English (some level of French is strongly desired, and Italian and Spanish are an asset) and the true willingness to support the interest of European organic, aquaculture, tobacco, rice and honey producers.
- Monitor European policy initiatives, market developments and identify emerging trends and issues, particularly in the following sectors: Organic Farming, Aquaculture, Tobacco, Rice and Honey;
- Provide thorough analysis of developments, their impacts for Copa-Cogeca members and develop Copa-Cogeca positions;
- Organise and coordinate the relevant Copa-Cogeca Working Parties;
- Develop, in collaboration with members and/or other stakeholders, lobbying strategies and activities to influence the EU institutions and stakeholders;
- Build and maintain strong networks;
- Coordinate with the comms team on communication strategies and events;
- Report to the Director on Commodities.
- A sound EU policy background, with 2/3 years professional experience in EU public affairs, and/or agrifood sector;
- University degree (B.Sc or M.Sc) in agronomy, political science, law, or economics (or equivalent);
- Language skills: Fluency in English. A certain level of French is strongly desired, while Italian and Spanish are an advantage;
- Excellent team spirit;
- Strong analytic, organizational, coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships, and a natural ability to work in cross-functional and multi-cultural teams;
- Hands-on attitude, self-driven and self-motivated to go the extra mile;
- Great time management and ability to multi-task;
- Confidence to publicly share opinions and engage with policymakers and partners;
- A natural drive to find solutions and compromises;
- Computer literacy: MS Office applications and social and communication tools.
- A full-time contract (CDI) under Belgian legislation;
- A competitive package which includes private pension fund, lunch vouchers, and other benefits.
- Applications are open until 16.06.2023.
- A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a motivation letter featuring some of your relevant achievements (1 page max) should be sent to: [email protected].
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications welcomed immediately!
For more information on job opportunites at Copa-Cogeca, please visit the webpage https://copa-cogeca.eu/careers
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.