Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust
This is a 12 month role to promote the policy and advocacy work of the Trust in a general
election year. The next Government will most likely take us up to the cusp of 2030 when the
Wildlife Trust’s vision for 30% of land and sea to be managed for nature needs delivering. We
need to influence political parties now, so our vision becomes a reality. The role will also
involve supporting the Trust’s advocacy work with local government.
The post holder reports to the Public Affairs and Planning Officer
- Carrying out research to underpin the Trust’s campaigns
- Helping organise general election events to optimise the development and awareness of
- Aiding the Public Affairs Manager to develop key relationships with political stakeholders
- Providing support for engagement with MPs and candidates
- Creating appropriate campaigning and presentation materials and literature and ensure they
are used strategically to further BBOWT’s aims
- Working with the Planning, Policy and Advocacy team reviewing planning applications for
impact on wildlife
- Ensuring contact data for political stakeholders is up to date
- Providing campaigning materials for advocacy volunteers
- Any other duties as directed by the line manager, Director or Chief Executive.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in politics and influencing key decision makers
- Ability to work well in a team and be self-directed
- A basic knowledge of environmental policy of England
- Good organisation skills
- A high level of dedication and passion for what the role is striving to achieve
- Open to learning new skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office functions such as Word and Outlook with intermediate Excel
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate the BBOWT behaviours and values.
Measurements of Success
BBOWT’s aims are promoted to the wider public, prospective parliamentary candidates and major
political parties in the approach to the general election.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this internship posting.