NorthShore University HealthSystem Research Institute- Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience
Essential Job Functions:
1) Take a lead in work involved in NIH funded projects.
2) Work independently under supervision of the PI.
3) Ability to prepare scientific manuscripts for publication.
4) Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect experiment or reporting of results and of taking corrective action or notifying appropriate supervisory personnel.
5) Ability to assist in submission of research grant applications and periodic progress reports
Minimum Formal Education Required:
PhD in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Computational biology/Bioinformatics, Neuroscience or other related discipline.
License and/or Certification Required: no
Minimum Length and Nature of Experience Required:
Previous research experience from PhD training related to molecular/cellular biology, neuroscience, genomics, or computational biology/bioinformatics.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of molecular/cellular biology, neuroscience, genomics, or computational biology/bioinformatics.
- Ability to prepare manuscript for publications in peer-reviewed journals and to develop scientific proposals.
- Experience with stem cell culture and neuroscience research or capability of analyzing large genomic datasets is preferred.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions: none
Equipment Utilized within the Scope of the Position:
Computers, cell culture hoods, confocal microscopes, DNA sequencing instrument, qPCR instrument.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.