Medical College of Wisconsin
- Plan, design and execute complex research studies, procedures and protocols.
- Participate in discovery projects.
- Coordinate research study activities; lead and manage projects.
- Oversee organization, synthesis and analysis of data and findings.
- Prepare scientific reports, outcome findings and scientific manuscripts.
- Participate in meetings with principle investigator and research staff in which you will evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, and design and evaluate lab procedures.
- Maintain supplies, may require negotiation with vendors, and track purchase orders.
- May oversee the work of laboratory personnel including training and development as well as daily work direction, delegation and establishing priorities.
Minimum Required Education: PhD in a scientific field or MD
Minimum Required Experience: None
Preferred Education: Microbiology or Biochemistry
Preferred Experience: Experienced in cellular microbiology
Field: Microbial Pathogenesis / Protein Toxins
Certification: Maintain Departmental Certification (BBP, rDNA training, etc.)
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Required knowledge: biology, chemistry, mathematics, statistics, documentation, records management, data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills
Skills and abilities: This will vary based on the hiring manager’s preferences and should include things that can be learned or trained for.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.