Greater Buffalo Gymnastics Center
Are you energetic, fun and organized? Like to work with children and families? We are seeking candidates who are active in life and enjoy smiles, laughter, fun, and growth in conjunction with measurable results. A qualified person is someone who has had any experience in:
- Gymnastics, Acrobatics or Dance.
- Early Childhood Education.
- Working in a child-centered setting (YMCA, daycare, afterschool program, camp counselor).
- Coaching a children’s sports team.
- Athletic Performance.
If you have experience in any of these, you may enjoy working with us! We will also train the right candidate and teach you the skills you need to know in order to grow and be successful here.
We exist in order to provide an environment rich with opportunities for children and young adults to grow, develop and achieve individual success. We strive to create excitement and enthusiasm as children learn new skills, achieve milestones, and reach goals while using our cutting edge equipment in our state of the art facilities. We are seeking individuals who want to make a difference while also keeping a fast pace and feeling valued in an increasingly thriving culture. Working within our organization will help contribute to increased self-confidence, community involvement, advancement possibilities, and innovative opportunities.
This position is our initial level of independent class instruction where you are in charge and fully teaching your own class. At this tier, we look for you to continue your enthusiasm for teaching in addition to the use of knowledge and experience gained from your shadow/mentorship. Our expectation here is also increased confidence, continued growth, development, lesson planning, charting, and class student retention.
You are to provide consistent, specific, safe and knowledgeable instruction for each participant in an environment which is focused on the overall physical and mental development of the young athletes you oversee. Instill a positive attitude and bring forth those quality attributes that allow each student to be the best he/she can be, and have fun while doing it.
Strive to build and nurture the self-confidence and self-esteem of future champions in sports, in families, in education, in careers, in friendships, and in life, through the sport of gymnastics.
- Be able to take on the role of warm-up leader, attendance, and/or greeter during the warm-up period.
- Properly follow rotations to ensure your class gets to all their events as scheduled.
- Complete lesson plans a week in advance with varied fun activities that are different from week to week.
- Complete gymnast skill charts on time in order to keep the most current records possible for you the instructor, the gymnasts, and their parents. This data is shared with the parents and that is how we communicate what their gymnasts are learning.
- Be able to successfully complete gymnast progress reports and end of the year evaluations.
- Collaboratively develop routines for our end-of-the-year performances.
- Attend staff meetings for event planning and continued learning opportunities.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe workspace.
- Attend company functions and opportunities so we can get to know each other even better.
- Know basic First Aid.
- Demonstrate class control and structure by implementing and enforcing our rules and polices to maintain a safe, yet enthusiastic learning environment that fosters learning.
- Show vast and meaningful knowledge of the skills that make up the following class level charts: Munchkins in Motion-Junior Jumpers & Kinder Kids
- Be able to use proper progressions in your drills and spotting techniques in order to safely introduce and perfect skills.
- Be ready to give immediate feedback and corrections in a way that is captivating and easy to comprehend for students.
- Adhere to policies and guidelines set in our Staff “Playbook.”
- Become familiar with our Class Parent Handbook.
- Stay up-to-date with lesson planning, charting, and periodic report cards.
- Attend relevant meetings to your position and actively contribute to improving our productivity, performance, culture, and the customer/student experience. a. All Staff – Monthly Workshop b. Level Specific – Determined by Supervisor
Growth & Development:
- You are required to attend monthly staff meetings. Clinics, one-on-one instructional sessions with senior coaches and additional opportunities are provided for you to go the extra mile. We believe you will want to take advantage of these in order to learn and grow. – USAG Regional/National Congress eligibility is determined by management.
16 years or older with working papers. Employees will frequently move/position athletes weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Gymnastics competitor or experience in gymnastics or personal training, sports, sports coaching, sports motivation, athletic performance or an aptitude for teaching and mentoring. Demonstrate a desire to work with and interact with children. Uphold current Instructor Membership, which includes a background check and completion of Safe Sport.
Compensation: Starting Pay – $15.00 per hour based on experience. Raises based on performance. Bonus(es) based on metrics and goals.
Shifts are scheduled during the following days:
If any or all of this excites or inspires you in some way, submit an online application to us. We are excited to hear from you!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
To keep our employees and our customers safe, we have instituted frequent cleanings/sanitizing and additional measures & considerations in response to COVID-19.
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.