European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
|Policy and Partnerships
|Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Principal Counsellor, Governance is responsible for overseeing effective delivery of key programme components and outcomes; ensures effective coordination of international and national stakeholders on recovery implementation within the scope of the programme; monitors, analyses and reports on political and policy developments affecting the recovery and reform landscape in Ukraine.
S/he formulates proposals for potential new assignments within the areas of his/her responsibility; provides advice to senior management on recovery related topics; supports high-level policy dialogue with the Government of Ukraine and liaises at an appropriate level with political leaders, international partners and inter-governmental organisations active in the transition region.
The position is based in Ukraine with temporary relocation to Warsaw, Poland. EBRD may grant approval to work from Ukraine to eligible candidates who may not be able to relocate to Warsaw, Poland due to personal objective reasons.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Oversee the work of Reform Support Teams (RST in the Ministry for Infrastructure, Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine and RST in the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine), including oversight of formulation of priorities, work plans, results delivery and monitoring, team management, and overall support to successful RST operations;
- Oversee effective coordination of project and other stakeholders involved in recovery planning and implementation, including URA teams in relevant Ministries, Agencies, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the URAF, the EU and other donor counterparts;
- Establish and maintain close cooperation with other international financial institutions, international organisations, civil society and donors working on recovery and reform implementation in Ukraine;
- Maintain liaison with and provide support to coordinators of working groups under the National Recovery Council of Ukraine, ensuring alignment between programme components (RSTs and RDO) and programme management team;
- Keep abreast of and provide regular briefings on the evolving political situation in Ukraine and its influence on the various aspects of recovery planning and implementation;
- Ensure coordination with relevant EBRD internal teams (e.g. Grant Unit, DCF, Communications, Banking, Compliance, DFO, etc.);
- Contribute to the negotiations on priority reforms with government counterparts;
- Conduct research on specific policy developments and provide briefings/presentations for Senior Management to be delivered to EBRD stakeholders and external audiences;
- Identify and analyse emerging needs of Ukrainian authorities with respect to short-term recovery as well as medium to long-term reconstruction, and formulate proposals for new potential engagements/projects in support of Ukraine recovery in the specific areas of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as public policy/politics, law, international relations, journalism, political economy, economics, business.
- Significant hands-on experience with project management and coordination of complex donor fundedprojects related to policy development and reform implementation in Ukraine;
- Extensive hands-on experience in Ukraine or other EBRD recipient countries, including strong understanding of the ongoing reform and recovery processes in Ukraine;
- Understanding of economic reforms, economic regulation, governance, public administration and political economy issues in the transition region and knowledge of economics/finance;
- Knowledge of relevant local and international stakeholders in the field of Ukrainian reforms and wide networks developed through previous professional engagements;
- Exceptional ability to establish trusted professional relationships with local and international stakeholders;
- Ability to operate independently in political, diplomatic and business environments, diplomatic skills required for regular contact with senior national and international officials;
- Good understanding of the Banks mandate;
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills; report writing skills in English at the standard required for official document;
- Fluency in Ukrainian.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.