Asian Development Bank
The Principal Disaster Risk Management Specialist will provide intellectual leadership in the implementation of ADB’s disaster risk management (DRM) agenda and operations, ensuring enhanced integration of disaster risk management in country partnership strategies and projects, integration of disaster risk management (DRM) with elements of climate change adaptation (CCA) in ADB operations, and enabling support to ADB’s developing member countries (DMCs) in enhancing their disaster resilience. The incumbent will report to Chief of Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management Thematic Group concurrently Director, Climate Change and Disaster Risk and will supervise National Staff and Administrative staff.
Policies, Strategies and Frameworks:
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of the Disaster and Emergency Assistance Policy.
- Lead development of the DRM Action Plan
- Coordinate and support ADB financing instruments for DRM.
Operational Advice and Support:
- Provide guidance and support to SDCC and operations departments to identify and develop DRM, including disaster risk financing (DRF), interventions at country, regional, sector, and project level.
- Support operations departments and DMCs in identifying contingent liabilities resulting from disaster risks and implementing strategic DRF approaches.
- Lead provision of support to senior management and the Board of Directors on DRM issues, including preparation of briefing notes and presentation materials, as requested.
Knowledge Generation and Sharing:
- Strengthen global and regional partnerships and inter-agency relations and assist in the development of public-private-civil society partnerships on climate change.
- Represent ADB at key international meetings and prepare and deliver presentations that highlight ADB’s work in Climate Change.
- Support the development and dissemination of good practice on climate change to strengthen understanding, including in ADB DMCs, of issues and solutions pertaining to underlying risk drivers and the opportunities afforded through investments in DRM and DRF.
- Lead the identification and implementation of training programs in disaster risk management for ADB staff as part of ADB’s staff development program; organize internal and external training and briefing sessions on relevant topics; and share information on conferences and training opportunities.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and support to reporting staff.
- Ensure the ongoing learning and development of reporting staff.
Relevant Experience & Requirements:
- Master’s degree in in Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Natural Resource Management or related fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with at least 5 years of specialized professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience including international work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with DRM operations, policies and procedures of multilateral financial institutions and a strong international DRM network.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Programme ManagerInternational Organization for MigrationChinaChina
Long-Term Agreement (LTA) for the Engagement of the Individual Consultant as Knowledge Management Specialist, DHR Emergency Team, Division of Human Resources, 24 months (Remote based assignment)UNICEF GlobalUnited StatesUnited States
Finance and Administrative AssistantInternational Labour OrganizationNairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya