Food and Agriculture Organization
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the Assistant FAO Representative, and the National Operations Officer in the Country Office the incumbent will provide procurement support to the Regular program and projects implemented by FAO Kyrgyzstan.
Project operational and administrative support
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assistance with review and analysis of procurement requests for completeness and conformity with established FAO rules, procedures, and practice; liaise with the Requesters, as necessary.
- Assistance in preparation of evaluation criteria and minimum mandatory requirements to Requestors for complex procurement actions, prepare or guide tender documents and contracts.
- Assistance in performing operational functions relating to the procurement process including, but not limited to, preparation of documents in FAO’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and other office applications (GRMS, In tend) related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders, evaluation of bids, follow-up with suppliers including follow-up on orders to ensure timely delivery, etc.
- Assistance in preparation of annual procurement plan for the Country Office with the support of LTO and project managers and ensuring timely implementation and monitoring including procurement plan for GCP/KYR/020/GCF project with LTO and Technical Adviser on a yearly basis.
- Follow up with the requesting unit on necessary supporting documentation and clearances as required.
- Provision of guidance to FAO Kyrgyzstan staff on procurement matters and on the implementation of procurement strategies and processes in conformity with the relevant rules, procedures, and practices.
- Conduction of market surveys via available reference resources and database and maintain an updated list of local suppliers.
- Assistance in the organization of procurement processes, including timely preparation and conduct of Request for Quotation (RFQs), Invitation To Bid (ITBs), Request For Proposal (RFPs), their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with FAO rules and regulations.
- Assistance in the evaluation process, in liaison with the relevant technical divisions, by preparing commercial evaluations and relevant notes/reports, and organizing Local Procurement Committee (LPC) meetings.
- Issuance of Purchase Orders (PO) and LoA Pos.
- Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Provision of advice and guidance to colleagues on the use of IT applications, including e-tendering tools, utilized in the FAO Procurement Service.
- Provision of operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Assistance in reviewing LoA set of documents that are required based on manual section 507 and issuance of an amendment to LoAs.
- Support in monitoring suppliers’ performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Support in resolving issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties, and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Participation in meetings with local suppliers to ensure that these are held in compliance with FAO Policy.
- Assistance in collaboration with inspection companies on verification of delivered/arrived goods.
- Arrangement of custom clearance procedures on arrived goods on FAO’s name as well as arrangement of inspections upon inquiries.
- Assistance in review and calculation of liquidated damages to be applied for late delivery of goods/services prior to payment being entered in GRMS.
- Respond to queries regarding procurement data from FAO requesting units and elsewhere in the Programme.
- Maintain relevant internal databases, records and files, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and support reporting requirements and keep track of contractual agreements.
- Ensure that all necessary procurement-related data is recorded in corresponding software.
- Assure proper filing of all procurement-related documentation.
- Assist in other administrative-related issues as per requirement.
- Act as backup for National Procurement Officer.
- Perform other duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- A university degree in business administration, management planning or related fields;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English, Russian and Kyrgyz is an asset;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in project/programme support and administrative assistance to projects;
- National of the Kyrgyz Republic with work permit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to promote new approaches and new practices;
- Knowledge on the UN system is an asset;
- Experience in program/project matters with international organizations would be desirable;.
- Computer literate; familiarity with Windows-based programs such as Word and Excel and etc.,
- Knowledge of procurement-related IT tools and systems (i.e. enterprise resource planning, inventory management, procurement, database management applications, etc.) is desirable.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Technicien(ne) service desk(H/F)CritNanterre, Hauts-de-SeineNanterre, Hauts-de-Seine
Gestionnaire de Formation Santé-Sécurité Médical et Habilitation H/FAssystemCherbourg, MancheCherbourg, Manche
Senior Nutrition SpecialistWorld BankDakar, SenegalDakar, Senegal
Director of Global AdvocacyHope and Homes for ChildrenHope and Homes for ChildrenHope and Homes for Children