Vancouver Island University
Professor, Psychology (2 of 2) (Repost)
We invite applications from accomplished university educators seeking to join a collegial department where teaching innovation and student success are highly valued. We seek applicants who share our passion for high quality undergraduate education and can skillfully infuse their teaching with their scholarly work. The successful candidates will mentor students in research and scholarly activity.
We seek to hire one individual whose area of specialization is behavioural neuroscience or clinical neuropsychology.
Course descriptions and more information about the Psychology Department can be found here.
Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching, learning and student success through scholarship and institutional service. Successful candidates will participate in a wide range of activities outside the classroom, including student support; institutional, faculty and departmental committee meetings and other initiatives; and professional activities in keeping with their disciplines in and outside the institution.
- A PhD or equivalent in behavioural neuroscience or clinical neuropsychology from an APA or CPA accredited institution.
- Experience in successfully teaching courses in behavioural neuroscience or clinical neuropsychology.
- An established research program that complements the interests and expertise of current faculty.
- A record of institutional service.
- Active ongoing participation in professional development activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology relevant to the position.
- An established record of successful supervision of undergraduate research.
- Experience in teaching small classes in an inclusive institutional environment.
- Recent experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching a wide range of psychology courses.
VIU is pleased to offer employees a comprehensive benefit plan; ample paid holiday time; professional development opportunities and a desirable pension plan that takes the worry out of retirement. As part of the VIU campus community, our employees work with supportive colleagues within an encouraging environment and are provided with the tools and training that promote learning and development. The perks of VIU employment are multiple, and include well-being initiatives and services, strategic discounts and hybrid work opportunities.
- Short-listed candidates must provide original transcripts, or applicable original certifications at time of interview.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Vancouver Island University (VIU) is collectively committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment for faculty, staff, and students. In our journey towards greater diversity, we invite applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all gender identities and sexual orientations who bring value to the VIU community through their lived experiences. We encourage members of all equity-seeking groups to self-identify within their application cover letter. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be used only for the fulfillment of the career opportunity. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-seeking group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.