United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council is currently looking for a highly qualified Project Coordinator with legal aid expertise for the implementation of the Project “Torino Street CARE 3.0” in support of homeless people and women with migratory background in Torino, Italy.
About the job
DRC Italy main areas of intervention include legal aid, protection monitoring, social housing and socio-economic integration of third-country nationals, social cohesion, health and protection of vulnerable categories, mainly irregular migrants, asylum seekers and refugees.
Within the framework of the “Torino Street CARE 3.0” project, DRC Italy will provide socio-legal orientation to migrants, asylum seekers and refugees living on the street and individual health support to vulnerable women with migratory background.
As Project coordinator with legal aid expertise, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure overall coordination and management of the Project activities with timely and quality delivery of outputs under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator
- Coordinate any procurement procedure required by the project in accordance with DRC Supply Chain Policies
- Ensure quality Project monitoring and reporting in adherence with DRC standards and in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation focal point and the Programme Coordinator
- Ensure relationship management with Consortium members, facilitating good communication and information sharing on project implementation and development
- Supervise partners’ activities, ensuring full adherence to the timeline and the deliverables set by the monitoring tools
- Represent DRC Italy in relevant internal and external meetings related to the project
- Ensure that the donor communication and visibility requirements are implemented
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of Programme.
- Provide adequate and timely legal aid counselling, information sharing and referral to relevant public bodies of the project’s beneficiaries (asylum seekers, refugees, vulnerable groups, women with migratory background)
- Preparation of information materials for the Project’s beneficiaries.
To be successful in this role we expect you to meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Law, Juridical studies or development studies / social science with relevant additional courses in legal aid for migrants and refugees.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Legal Aid/Protection projects at field level working with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in Italy.
- Demonstrated project management experience in legal aid / protection projects for a I/NGO.
- Excellent coordination and collaboration skills, proven by participation in multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong planning, organization, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding work environment.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Proficiency in English and Italian with excellent writing skills.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months – Part-time
Designation of Duty Station: Turin
Start date: June 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for DRC Italy and with Italian Labour law.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Francesca Pisano, [email protected].
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 02 May 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu.net) you saw this internship posting.