Operation Eyesight Universal
Job description of Project Manager
Senior Manager – International Programme
To work closely in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and project partners and ensure effective implementation of the project in the selected geographies leading to elimination of avoidable vision loss
Coordinates and oversees:
The work of Community Health Workers linked to Government Clinics in the selected project area.
- Effective coordination between partner hospitals, clinics in the project area and other concerned agencies
- Formulation and result oriented implementation of action plans at various levels for the approved project
- Regular reporting of progress made by the project
Description of Main Responsibilities:
- Work closely with relevant agencies, identify training needs among the existing community health workers and build their capacities to deliver on the objectives of the project.
- Support Health Service Workers and Documentation In-charge to formulate weekly, monthly and annual action plans.
- Coordinate with the partner hospitals and ensure all referred patients from the compounds are provided with required eye care services.
- Monitor the progress in implementation of the action plans and take corrective measures as and when required.
- Ensure utilization of funds as per approved budget. In case of deviation, work closely with Finance Team to re-phase the project budget based on actual utilization with necessary approvals
- Work closely with relevant agencies and set up departments of Ophthalmology as a part of Government Clinics in the selected compounds.
- Oversee and monitor the functioning of Ophthalmology departments and take corrective measures as and when required.
- Network/ coordinate with relevant government and non-government agencies to ensure achievement of supporting objectives as specified in the approved project proposal.
- Put in place a progress reporting system in line with donor requirements and guidelines and ensure reporting on the progress of the project on a weekly/ monthly/ quarterly basis
- Maintain a cordial relationship with all the key stakeholders including Ministry of Health, Provincial Health Office and other relevant authorities
Qualification and other requirements
The candidate should
- Bachelor’s degree in optometry with experience in programme implementation and management
- Have post-graduation degree in public health/ Management.
- Have more than three years of experience working in health sector. Experience in eye health sector will be an added advantage.
- Preferably be a resident of Mazimba district.
- Have very good understanding of the health situation of the country and geographical conditions.
- Be willing to travel 10 to 15 days in the project areas using public transport (if available)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Be a team player.
- Have good report writing skill.
Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting cover letter, including the names of three referees (including a current or most recent employer), as well as expected salary, last drawn salary and required notice period. Applications should be sent by e-mail to the following address, and clearly specify the Position Title in the Subject Line:
Email to send applications: [email protected]
Closing date: 25th February 2023
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be intimated.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Global Investigations SpecialistNorwegian Refugee CouncilNorwayNorway
Consultancy to Conduct Project End Assessment: Women-IMPACT ProjectNonviolent PeaceforcePhilippinesPhilippines
Legal consultant to support the implementation of Basel Convention’s compliance action plansUNEP - United Nations Environment ProgrammeGenevaGeneva