Job no: 493501
Work type: Regular
Location: Los Angeles
The Prospect Research Analyst reports to the Associate Director of Prospect Management and serves as an integral part of the Institutional Advancement team. This position has an important role in the identification, qualification, and research of major/planned gift prospects. This position requires the ability to gather, summarize, and disseminate large volumes of information from numerous sources; to make recommendations for solicitation strategies; to attend events and engagements as required; and to compose prospect briefings and profiles. This position also requires a good understanding of prospect management and fundraising within a higher education context as well as a commitment to data integrity. The ability to think analytically and intuitively in a fast-paced environment is key. This position will support the Major and Planned Gifts Office in addition to the College President, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, and Oxy Fund Office.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated financial, philanthropic and affinity data on individuals, corporations and private foundations to assess prospects’ giving capability, philanthropic tendencies, and appropriate potential solicitors. Produce and report various findings to the Major/Planned Gifts team.
- Prepare profiles/briefings/information for gift officers, IA Vice President, Associate Vice President of Institutional Advancement and College President as well as for key events/meetings.
- Maintain strong skills and knowledge of online research resources, technologies, and methodologies,
- Design and conduct proactive screening projects to identify new prospects abreast of new developments in external and internal screening products/techniques and how they can help prospect identification efforts.
- Performs quantitative analysis to determine capacity ratings based on financial data. Provide an ongoing assessment of research methods, goals, and strategies.
- Using leading-edge analytics and modeling, this position is responsible for performing comprehensive reviews of prospect pools for schools, units and campaign initiatives and uncovering and leveraging key relationship networks.
- Assist the Associate Director of Prospect Management in managing the IA Prospect Management System,
- Maintain the data integrity of the prospect management system in Banner and supervise the data entry of prospect management information.
- Partner with gift officers and others to manage proposals, projects, planned solicitations and assignments. Also, work with gift officers to determine appropriate solicitation strategies for new and existing prospects.
- Prepare reporting for the President, IA Vice President, Gift Officers, event and engagement teams regarding prospect activity. Provide additional support for contact report review and prospect documentation.
- Minimum one year of professional research experience, preferably within higher education or similar environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience is required.
- Candidates must possess outstanding research skills and the ability to interpret business and financial data.
- Training through Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) seminars and workshops and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) for prospect research and management is preferred*
- Requires well developed interpersonal skills and the availability to attend evening and weekend engagements.
- Should be able to provide insight in prospect cultivation strategies.
- Requires the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments with minimum supervision while meeting strict deadlines.
- Thinking analytically and intuitively in a fast-paced environment is important.
- Must have excellent writing skills and be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Extensive computer experience required, including database knowledge and online prospect research skills (e.g. WealthEngine, Research Point, Blackbaud Fundraiser Performance Management, RelSci, Banner, Lexi-Nexis, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
EXPECTED HIRING RANGE: $27.69 p/h to $32.31 ($57,500 to $67,200)
If you are offered this position at Occidental College, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills, education, experience, and/or geographic location. In addition to those factors, Occidental complies with applicable pay equity laws and considers internal equity among current employees when developing the final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.
Advertised: 07 Nov 2022 Pacific Standard Time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.69 per hour
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.