United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Protection Assistant – (IPA/SNF)
About the Job
To provide high-quality case-management services to people at risk, and to mitigate the negative of effects protection issues on individuals and contribute to the improvement of the overall protective environment.
Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land & property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention, registration services for the internally displaced and refugees, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising, facilitation of return and repatriation processes.
DRC is committed to building a diverse organization where inclusivity is central. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to our goal and organizational principle of diversity and inclusivity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at DRC. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Geographic scope: Hatay Field Office
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within each base.
• Identify PoCs with vulnerabilities and provide case management (identification, assessment, case implementation, data entry, referral, follow-up, feedback etc, maintaining strict protocols for safety, international and national standards and procedures, confidentiality and consent;
• Support the procurement of items or payment of services for the POC in coordination with the management
• Follow up with internal departments, service providers and government entities as per each individual POC’s action plan;
• Assist in filling relevant documentation for individual POC;
• Follow work plans and guidelines
• Ensure the maintenance and regular update of case management database and other relevant trackers and maintain detailed physical case-files.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships, with other DRC departments;
• Follow-up with POC through phone calls and individual meetings;
• Ensure clear communication with beneficiaries to inform them of potential courses of action and empowering them to pursue their chosen options;
• Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times,
• Ensuring the maintenance and regular update of case databases and other relevant trackers.
• Closely liaise and coordinate with DRC’s Economic Recovery team, especially updates on life skills training update, beneficiary feedback, and agreed-upon work plans.
* Undertake any further duties as the line manager sees fit. The position duties are flexible to a degree to allow the candidate to develop skills they personally identify. This can be arranged in discussions with the line manager.
To be successful in this role, you must have relevant university degree/Diploma in Psychology, Law, social sciences, community development and mobilization, international relations or another relevant field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required experience and competencies
• Minimum 1 years of practical experience in sector area working for an NGO or similar organization
• Experience in protection activities and/or social or health sector.
• Experience with administrative tasks
• Field experience in the Area
• Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- This role may require long or flexible working hours at times.
- Fluency in Turkish and intermediate Arabic
- Verbal and written English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 8 Months
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay
Start date: 15.05.2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 10.05.2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and interviews before the closing date, and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a suitable candidate.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Please click here to see the Data Protection
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu.net) you saw this internship posting.