Trident Medical Center
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Trident Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Transition of Care RN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Transition of Care RN opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, the RN is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and departmental outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
You will maintain overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients
You will manage efficient flow of patientcare including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care and comfort, and arranging for admissions, testing and discharges
You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results
You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment plans
You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
What qualifications you may need:
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
Trident Health is a 445-bed HCA Healthcare hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals — Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center — and three freestanding emergency departments — Brighton Park Emergency, Moncks Corner Medical Center and Centre Pointe Emergency.
We provide care to nearly 375,000 South Carolina Low country residents each year. Every day Trident Health’s more than 2,600 employees, more than 500 physicians and more than 130 volunteers are dedicated to fulfilling our mission.
“Good people beget good people.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Transition of Care RN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.