Memorial Health System
Responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of nursing care for a designated group of patients through utilization of the nursing process. Provides age-appropriate care. Participates in research when appropriate and incorporates research findings into evidence-based clinical practice. Contributes to quality improvement processes. Adheres to MMC Mission, Vision, and Values, the Nursing Division Mission, Vision, and Philosophy, the ANA Code of Ethics and the Illinois Nursing Act.
- Diploma of Nursing or Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred.
- RN license in the State of Illinois required.
- Current BLS/CPR certification per policy required.
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform other patient care duties as required. Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing. Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills such as IV insertion and IM injections.
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially hazardous materials.
Yearly Credentialing to Maintain Current Track:
- Attends all Joint Commission, OSHA, and hospital/nurse manager specified mandatory inservices.
- Validates competencies and obtains credentials as identified in unit specific requirements.
- Completion of annual self-evaluation at time of performance appraisal.
- Submit sufficient documentation to validate current Clinical Ladder status to the nurse manager at annual performance appraisal.
- Meets credit range for Clinical Ladder Levels as follows (completion of probationary period is required in order to apply for promotion in the clinical ladder):
Clinical Nurse I: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 0-9 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid.
Clinical Nurse II: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 10-19 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least two categories of the Grid.
Clinical Nurse III: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 20-29 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least three categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN, enrollment in BSN or MSN program, or national certification is required for new applicants as of March 2016.
Clinical Nurse IV: Registered Nurse who achieves at least 30 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least four categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN and national certification are required for new applicants as of March 2016.
Apply Now – External Applicants
Apply Now – Current Colleagues
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.