Memorial Health System
- Sign-on Bonuses up to $15,000.00****
The New Graduate Registered Nurse is a full-time registered nurse position with a one-year nationally recognized Nurse Residency Program that assists you in transitioning from a new graduate to a professional nurse. As a New Graduate Registered Nurse, you will receive a carefully planned combination of on-the-job and classroom education.
This program allows you to build relationships with other new RNs and to work collaboratively on a project that is important to advancing the care of our patients. The New Graduate Registered Nurse will receive support from their Nurse Manager, Preceptor, Mentor, other unit staff as well as a Nursing Outcome Improvement Facilitator.
Our curriculum focuses on 3 core components; Clinical Leadership, Patient Safety and Outcomes and the Professional Role as a Registered Nurse. There are monthly residency sessions that will provide you with a strong foundation for the lifelong learning ahead. The last six months of the program is committed to an evidence based practice project. As a group you will work with your unit and unit manager on a clinical issue that you see as problematic or an area of improvement.
In addition to the residency, the New Graduate Registered Nurse will be responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of nursing care for a designated group of patients through utilization of the nursing process. They will provide age-appropriate care and will participate in research when appropriate and incorporate research findings into evidence-based clinical practice.
- Licensed as RN in State of Illinois.
- Current BLS/CPR certification per policy.
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform other patient care duties as required. Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing. Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills such as IV insertion and IM injections.
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially hazardous materials.
Apply Now – External Applicants
Apply Now – Current Colleagues
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.